USAA Direct connect not working

Gcoug
Gcoug Member ✭✭
I have my "Special" USAA access id and access pin, but keep getting errors trying to link my accounts to Quicken.
What gives???

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Orris
    Orris Member ✭✭
    Started earlier this morning. Ongoing. Unable to update USAA.
  • mkmart308
    mkmart308 Member
    I'm having the same issue today, 8/17/22. I've tried everything.
  • LynnPerley
    LynnPerley Member
    Same issue. Frustrating.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TrentN
    TrentN Member ✭✭
    USAA is working for me now
  • Orris
    Orris Member ✭✭
    Working now.
  • Gcoug
    Gcoug Member ✭✭
    Working Now. Thanks for fixing it so quickly
  • KDL
    KDL Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I cannot download from any USAA accounts today. I have 5 accounts across two different USAA member numbers. The USAA website is working, as I can view the accounts correctly. But Quicken returns OL-301-A error: "Your financial institution has rejected your request." This message is repeated 3 times for each of the 5 accounts. Help please.
  • isonclubikin
    isonclubikin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Happening again for me too.
  • jcpistone
    jcpistone Member ✭✭
    The dreaded OL-301-A error is happening again this morning. All three accounts (checking and both credit cards) are affected. This now seems to be a monthly or bi-weekly event. I am not sure, but I think this happens every time they update the USAA website. Hopefully, it will be corrected on Monday. The last several times this has happened it has been fixed the next day.
  • ghegewald
    ghegewald Member
    Three accounts. Same issue. OL-301-A error
  • wcw
    wcw Member ✭✭
    I've called and spoken with 3 diff people at USAA. Essentially USAA is not supporting Quicken anymore. TBH, I've had a spate of issues with USAA (specifically banking) and after 34 years I'm genuinely ready to pick up and move after now this concerning Quicken.
  • wcw
    wcw Member ✭✭
    > @KDL said:
    > I cannot download from any USAA accounts today. I have 5 accounts across two different USAA member numbers. The USAA website is working, as I can view the accounts correctly. But Quicken returns OL-301-A error: "Your financial institution has rejected your request." This message is repeated 3 times for each of the 5 accounts. Help please.

Ditto. See my post above. This, even though they've still this link: https://www.usaa.com/inet/wc/faq_BankWS_Quicken_and_Microsoft_Money_BankFaqL1_index?SearchRanking=1&SearchLinkPhrase=quicken
  • bcallan
    bcallan Member
    Having intermittent USAA download for weeks. I reinstalled Quicken and now I cannot even get it to log into USAA! Have had quicken since 1997, frankly the the unresolved status is NOT acceptable.
  • Dave Haught
    Dave Haught Member ✭✭✭
    Having same problem. For me, the problem started on 8/21 and has not yet resolved. I am getting the OL-301-A Your financial institution has rejected your request error. I am able to connect to my other financial institutions.
  • Same issue here - it stopped working last week and has not worked all weekend. I just tried again and it still gives me the same error.
  • Sharkbait
    Sharkbait Member ✭✭
    Why can't USAA and Quicken techs resolve this issue?
  • wmessenger
    wmessenger Member
    Same issue appeared this morning for me.
  • schmieg
    schmieg Member ✭✭
    I, too, began having this issue on 8/21 and it is continuing today, 8/22. The two problem banks I have with Quicken seem to be PNC and USAA. Neither has consistent problems, but they have repetitive ones that seem to occur every couple of weeks for several days. I don't want to switch banks to make this work, but I don't want to quit using Quicken either.
  • Gcoug
    Gcoug Member ✭✭
    A lot of you are not familiar with the fact that USAA updates to accounts are not available on Monday's. I have been updating my Quicken file everyday for years and figured it out long ago. USAA updates Tuesday - Saturday. So if it did not work today, then there would still be an issue. Well it is working today. I will usually give it 3 days to self correct and if it an issue starts on a weekend, then I wait until Wednesday to determine if it is a real issue.
    So, for me at least, it worked perfectly just a few moments ago.
  • Dave Haught
    Dave Haught Member ✭✭✭
    Working this morning, 08/24/22
This discussion has been closed.