New Idea-

Options
User481
User481 Member ✭✭
This is related to the download sync functionality from Institution Investments. The Cash Balance amount is calculated correctly. The issues are below:
For account 1, the Cash Balance of X dollars needs to replace the account xx1234 with the same correct dollar value of X dollars for Cash Balance. The erroneous value on the left for Accounts 1 is in error.

I bought Quicken because I need accurate dollar amount information. Please fix the bugs.
For account 2, the Cash Balance of A dollars needs to replace the account xx12345 with the same correct dollar value of A dollars for Cash Balance. The erroneous value on the left for accounts 2 is in error.

Additionally, each of the Brokerage AccountInvestment accounts on the left, under account is displaying the incorrect dollar amounts. These errors are causing the Net Worth total figure to be in error, in the lower left of the screen column.
This is a basic calculation of adding correct values to sum the correct total. As it is now, Quicken displays a very large number for shares and is using that to compute the Net worth in dollars.
This would make your product better.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @User481 First, please understand you are not talking to Quicken management when you post here — it's fellow users and a handful of Quicken moderators who try to help users having problems or questions. If you want help directly from Quicken Support, this site is not that, and you should contact Support during their operating hours. Also know that for most people, the account values in the left sidebar and total Net Worth are correct. 

That said, we might be able to help you with your issue, but I'm afraid I don't understand what you're describing. Perhaps you can re-write this description of the problem you're experiencing to make it easier to understand: "For account 1, the Cash Balance of X dollars needs to replace the account xx1234 with the same correct dollar value of X dollars for Cash Balance. The erroneous value on the left for Accounts 1 is in error." Maybe I'm must being obtuse, but I don't understand that sentence. Later you mention the number shares, and it isn't clear if you're saying the share balance amount is wrong in addition to the market value. It might help if you use real account names and dollar values (the amounts can be made up), or screen shots with the amounts partly obscured.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • User481
    User481 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have screen shots that I submitted. Can you call me?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Again, when you post here you are talking to other Quicken users, not to Quicken Support. We can't call you, and we can't see your screenshots unless you attach them to a message. 

And now you have posted the same issue in the Quicken Windows section of the forum. What product are you running?
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.