Quicken Changing Dates of Old Transactions

TJ In FL
TJ In FL Member
I've encountered what I have to call a catastrophic issue with previously reconciled transaction across multiple accounts. These changes have affected transaction going back at least a far as 2017 and I believe this happened with a recent update.

-Monthly automatic mutual fund transactions have had dates changed. Several different months of individual transactions would be changed to the same date months away from their original date. This has happened across several investment accounts.

-Detailed scheduled paycheck entries experienced the same issues. To make matters worse, the dollar amount would change to the amount of a paycheck already entered on that day even though the value on the split transaction screen had the correct value.

These changes have altered my account balances and I am now well into my 6th hour of attempting to correct these transactions. I also have had to reconcile my monthly checking account balances again going back to 2018.

The one thing that is a constant here is that my Chase checking account was used as the transfer account and the deposit account for the paycheck. Please help me if you have seen this before. Thanks.

Comments

• I believe I've encountered similar issue on my active accounts. It's made it impossible to reconcile my statements without either going back and reconciling back to 2017 or possibly adding adjustments to my balance which I REALLY HATE to do.
  • I definitely have the same issue - 3 times this year where I have had to re-download months of transactions in order to get things straighten out. This is my worst pet peeve - not something you can anticipate - and then you are reconciling the account and it is off significantly! Makes me want to change software.
  • I want my accounts in order by dates. The dates are all over the place. how do I fix this
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sue, to sort the register just click on the column heading like Date.  If you click it again it will reverse the order.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• I will send an error report...but it JUST HAPPENED AGAIN with an update. I just finished fixing almost everything over the course of over 20 hours but I made the mistake of accepting another update and this time I have errors going back to 2017. The last bank statement that reconciled properly based on the register transactions is July 2017. AWFUL!
This discussion has been closed.