RSU value bug?

travie
travie Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I have an account that only holds RSUs, none of them have vested yet. I have set my preferences to display the RSU value as 0% of the underlying security. Somehow the account shows a positive value in the sidebar even though there are no other held positions or cash. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Answers

• travie
    travie Member ✭✭
    Found a bunch of the following lines when validating my file:
    "Quicken found the following future-dated investment transaction (with a date more than 10 days in the future). This might cause some balances to display unexpected values."

Wondering why a future transaction would cause issues with balances.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you click on the gear at the top of the Account Bar, you can set it to display either the current or the ending balance.

If you pick Ending, it will show the balance after all future dated transactions. That might be what the message is referring to.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • GMar
    GMar Member
    I have the same issue. Set to Current Balance, and showing first tranche of vested shares a value in the account.
  • PJ Houm
    PJ Houm Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I have the same bug. Set unvested RSU value to 0%. Account Holdings show it as zero. But the account list includes the value. It is not an ending/starting value issue. Toggling that makes no difference.

BTW, Thrilled that quicken finally added this... the workaround using options was miserable.
  • travie
    travie Member ✭✭
    I've confirmed that the value being shown is the share value of the first future dated "RSU Vest" transaction.

I'm also glad they added this feature. Hopefully this bug is fixed soon. Also hoping they add more levers for this since it doesn't seem to fit the way my brokerage handles RSU vest events and sell-to-cover transactions.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like the same issue as this one
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7918416/account-with-rsu-showing-incorrect-balance#latest

Unfortunately, reporting a problem here will not generally trigger any action by Quicken. I suggest you and anyone else with this problem report the issue using the Help > Report a Problem link and also contact Quicken Support directly. Be sure the support agent understands the problem and gives you a ticket number for future reference.

You will not get a response if you only use Report a problem, Quicken uses the Report a Problem submissions for statistical purposes and to help diagnose the issue.

QWin Premier subscription
  • jonlowe
    jonlowe Member ✭✭
    Thank you Jim! I went ahead and called and made a ticket #9680895
  • travie
    travie Member ✭✭
    Thank you Jim and Jon.
  • I'm having the same issue. Is there a workaround, or a way to track the ticket that was created?
  • I'm having the same problem. You can add an entry that removes the shares. When the shares vest you can remove the entry. I also opened a ticket #9811239.
  • RK2022
    RK2022 Member
    I'm having the same problem. The workaround suggested by kilroyidh is great! Thanks
  • aaciii
    aaciii Member ✭✭
    The RSU feature is not fully baked. Same issue... value of the account includes shares that have not vested yet, no matter what I do.
  • aaciii
    aaciii Member ✭✭
    > @travie said:
    > I've confirmed that the value being shown is the share value of the first future dated "RSU Vest" transaction.
    >
    > I'm also glad they added this feature. Hopefully this bug is fixed soon. Also hoping they add more levers for this since it doesn't seem to fit the way my brokerage handles RSU vest events and sell-to-cover transactions.

100% correct... my account value is showing as if 989 shares had vested (which is how many will be vested as of the NEXT vest event, in April 2023).

It SHOULD be showing the value of 659 shares, which is how many RSUs have ACTUALLY vested so far in the account.
This discussion has been closed.