How do I do a find and delete

cmkay999
cmkay999 Member ✭✭
In one of my credit card accounts, I get multiple dummy transactions per month with a zero amount. I want to do a find of these transactions and then delete the found transactions. It's a pain in the neck to delete them individually.

I thought I had done this successfully once before, but now I don't see any way to delete the transactions once they're found.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can select either a group of separate transactions using the CTRL key or selecting a range of transactions using the SHIFT key just like selecting items in Windows.  Once selected, right click on the selection and pick Delete from the dropdown menu.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    One way would be to go to the account, then click on the gear at the top right, More reports, and Register report
    Click the gear in the report, then on the Advanced tab, select Amounts Equal to 0.00.
    Select the transactions you want to delete with Ctrl-click or click on the first, then Shft-click on the last.
    Select Delete transactions from the list that is displayed.

Or it might be simpler to
    Sort the account by Amount by clicking on the Amount heading.
    Scroll to find the zero amounts
    Select them using Shft-click as above
    Hit Ctrl-D and confirm to delete.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • cmkay999
    cmkay999 Member ✭✭
    Well, thanks, but I swear there was at one time the ability to delete "Found" transactions.
This discussion has been closed.