Quicken Premium 6.9.0 spinning beachball and slow response adding transactions: Any ideas?

RAW
RAW Member
Updated to 6.9.0 and now I'm getting spinning beachball and slow or no response when I try to add transactions. Running OS 10.15.7 Any ideas? Tried restarting Quicken and my iMac. No change.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    RAW said:
    Updated to 6.9.0 and now I'm getting spinning beachball and slow or no response when I try to add transactions. Running OS 10.15.7 Any ideas? Tried restarting Quicken and my iMac. No change.
    Hello @RAW

I am sorry to hear about this problem with program hanging and sluggishness. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then reinstalling the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show "(Data File name will be displayed here)" in Finder in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

I look forward to speaking with you further about this issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    RAW said:
    Hello @RAW

I am sorry to hear about this problem with program hanging and sluggishness. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then reinstalling the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show "(Data File name will be displayed here)" in Finder in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

I look forward to speaking with you further about this issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RAW
    RAW Member
    Thank you Jared. The uninstall/reinstall cleared the issue. BTW Current active data file is in my documents folder.
  • Quicken Jared
    RAW said:
    Thank you Jared. The uninstall/reinstall cleared the issue. BTW Current active data file is in my documents folder.
    Hello @RAW

I am so happy to hear that the situation seems to have been resolved. Thanks so much for checking back in with me to let me know about your results.

Have a great day!

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mky98106
    mky98106 Member ✭✭
    I've been experiencing the same problem. I performed the uninstall/install as directed above. The problem persists.
  • Hello @mky98106,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion, though I am sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps previously provided failed to resolve the issue.

Since the issue still continues to persist, we recommend that you please reach out to Quicken Support for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.