Is anyone else having problems with PFCU [Pentagon Federal Credit Union CC-502 error]

Pacheco
Pacheco Member ✭✭
Pentagon Federal Credit Union CC-502 error, Going on two (2) weeks. When trying to add a new account or re-activating my current accounts. The error narrative states that “Quicken can’t add the account because the Pentagon Federal Credit Union website is temporarily unavailable” (For two weeks, I don’t think so) – I’m able to login to the bank website with no issues. What gives????

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Pacheco & @M B

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• M B
    M B Member ✭✭✭
    Having the same issue.  Had it resolved earlier this week, but now getting the 502 error again today
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Pacheco & @M B

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jim_C
    Jim_C Member
    Same problem and PFCU seems to be unaware that it is an issue. Is the problem with Quicken or PFCU?
  • Jjazz
    Jjazz Member ✭✭
    The week before I was getting a message that said my password was incorrect now it's a 502 error. This has been an on going problem with downloads on and off for at least a year. I have 4 accounts with PFCU and I'm tired of resetting the manual downloads. I question why I keep renewing a service that doesn't work at least 25% of the time. No one seems to care.
  • Pete Sawin
    Pete Sawin Member ✭✭✭
    Me too.
  • Same issue here, following
  • I am having the same issue, and like others have said, it has been happening off and on for quite a while. I have numerous transactions with PFCU which is one of the biggest reasons I renew my service with Quicken. This needs to be resolved ASAP.
  • DCKiwi
    DCKiwi Member, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm glad Quicken is working on this issue. I will tell you that I've had problems with Penfed and other financial apps as well. I suspect Penfed's infrastructure is the issue. I've been thinking about switching financial institutions for this reason.
  • I have been having the same issue. CC-502 error. This is getting ridiculous. Quicken support gives the same answer every time there is an issue..."We are investigating..." If the "investigation" reveals that it is a Quicken issue, then own it! If it is a PFCU issue, then tell the community please, so we can made a decision on whether keep renewing our subscription with Quicken and change banks or ditch Quicken. Just let us know please.
  • Tom Slade
    Tom Slade Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem, over the last 4- weeks through today 5 Sept 2022 On two Saturdays ago, I was able to deactivate all accounts and start from the new account mechanism and reconnect all six ( credit cards, checking, CD's, savings) but that lasted only a day. It is infuriating, apparently this problem has been around off and on for years
  • Tom Slade
    Tom Slade Member ✭✭
    I am continuing to have this same problem and looking back at the history of reported problems this has existed for years, sometimes worse, sometime better, but always there. I tried again adding accounts from two different directions ( adding a new account, and also trying to activate downloads from existing account to no avail. I had hoped that the new update this morning would have fixed this but no improvement. I will make it a point to leave a comment and a problem every morning I cannot get this to work and invite every other quicken user to do the same, and hopefully the volume of responses will move this up the priority list. Does anyone know how to get this elevated above the "This is a known problem" response?
  • Tom Slade
    Tom Slade Member ✭✭
    Same issue continues on 7 September 2022
  • Tom Slade
    Tom Slade Member ✭✭
    Again the same problem on 8 August. I have tried to use the add account function starting with a "new" account and then from the download transactions function, all to no avail. The impact of this error is that for two credit cards, one checking account, two savings accounts at the Pentagon Federal Credit Union, Quicken has become nothing more than a manual Excel spreadsheet, where I must manually enter transactions and reconcile from a second on line display.
  • Tom Slade
    Tom Slade Member ✭✭
    Very strange events this evening, One step update for PFCU still does not work, but error changed to CC-508. Following their directions and verifying log in info first, then changing password, unable to log in, Maybe they are working on this issue. Fingerprint on mobile thankfully works, will check back in tomorrow
  • Tom Slade
    Tom Slade Member ✭✭
    For reasons unknown, on Saturday, 10 September, I was able to add all six of my PFCU accounts using the add new account process. It correctly recognized them all and downloaded a multitude of entries, that I had entered manually. I have NOT tried to do One step update yet, but will wait until sometime next week when I expect to have automatic payments. Coincidentally, it was two weeks ago exactly, on a Saturday, when banks were closed, that it worked also, reverting to the CC-502 error multiple times during the week
  • Tom Slade
    Tom Slade Member ✭✭
    After several weeks with no CC-502 error codes for my PFCU accounts, they returned again with a few different twists. First, Quicken accurately downloaded the one transaction that was there in my checking account. Got the little red flag, all good. But then it told me that my log in credentials were wrong, and at the same time posted the CC-502 error. Same same problem, but with a few added aspects. I wonder if PFCU and Quicken ever actually talk about these issues?
  • kingdre
    kingdre Member ✭✭
    UGH!!!! I'd rather get the Quicken and credit union folks locked up in one room until its fixed... No one leaves lol
  • csiks99@
    csiks99@ Member ✭✭
    Kingdre, if you search other Discussions on the PenFed issues, you will realize it's not going to be fixed because PenFed has shut down ALL third party access, including Quicken's, with no plan to ever restore it. There is nothing for Quicken to fix with PenFed blocking all access. Time to switch to a new Credit Union or bank among the hundreds that permit access by Quicken.
  • Dave Hanson
    Dave Hanson Member ✭✭
    Same problem here, for months now.

Thank you csiks99@ for explaining the cutting off 3d party access issue. At first, I thought they'd removed the option for manual qfx downloads as well. But that's still there underneath each listed account in the main menu. Not a replacement, but better than nothing.
  • Jjazz
    Jjazz Member ✭✭
    This is not entirely true. PenFed did cut off 3rd parties, but Quicken could fix it. Pen Fed will not allow Quciken to connect due to the manner in which they do so. Quicken uses a technique called screen-scraping to collect account information. This technique may also allow them to collect your data without your explicit authorization. PenFed is trying to protect its members. Quicken could change the way they do the capture.
  • jschumann888
    jschumann888 Member ✭✭
    Quicken, when will you fix this IAW Jjazz comments?
  • csiks99@
    csiks99@ Member ✭✭
    Quicken's method is successfully used with hundreds of financial institutions without security issues. This is Pen Fed's issue to fix, not Quicken's. Pen fed needs to turn 3rd party access back on and figure out how to solve their own security issue. Hundreds of other banks are operating secure systems with 3rd party access. However, it's unlikely PenFed will do this given their inaction on the problem for months, so it's time to change banks, if you don't want to keep manually downloading, as I and others have recommended.
  • Craig-Y
    Craig-Y Member ✭✭
    Yes, this has been a problem since PenFed changed their logon routine in late August. I have reported this issue to Quicken numerous times since August and there has been no progress made on this issue.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Craig-Y said:
    Yes, this has been a problem since PenFed changed their logon routine in late August. I have reported this issue to Quicken numerous times since August and there has been no progress made on this issue.
    Hello @Craig-Y,   

I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here in this Quicken Community. 

To be clear: are you still receiving the CC-502 error message as of now when trying to link or update your Pentagon Federal Credit Union accounts? Have you already spoken with Quicken Support, if this is the case? If not, you will need to do this via the link provided here, as they will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater detail with the resources available to them. 

I hope this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • csiks99@
    csiks99@ Member ✭✭
    PenFed didn't change their routine in August, they just turned off ALL access from 3rd parties like Quicken. As a result, nothing the third parties do will allow them to access data at Pen Fed. Suggest complaints be directed to PenFed, not Quicken.
  • Craig-Y
    Craig-Y Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @Craig-Y,   
    >
    > I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here in this Quicken Community. 
    >
    > To be clear: are you still receiving the CC-502 error message as of now when trying to link or update your Pentagon Federal Credit Union accounts? Have you already spoken with Quicken Support, if this is the case? If not, you will need to do this via the link provided here, as they will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater detail with the resources available to them. 
    >
    > I hope this is helpful. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

QJ, Thanks for your comments. The CC-502 error was resolved the week of December 20th. Most of your questions were addressed in my initial post to which you replied but here are some additional details. I spoke with Quicken support no fewer than 4 times since August as well as frequently checking the Community for tips/updates. I also reported the problem through the "Report a Problem" link in the Windows Quicken app.
This discussion has been closed.