Missing order number

Options
RealQuietLP
RealQuietLP Member ✭✭
Hello,

I am unable to locate my order number. I purchased directly on the Quicken website and never received confirmation numbers for the subscription or the Professional 50 Bill manager. Can I have these resent please?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    @RealQuietLP - I, too, am sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience with Quicken Support.  It's hard to imagine that someone in a customer service job could be so rude and disrespectful.
    Yes, Moderators do cruise through this forum and, yes, sometimes they will engage with users who are experiencing issues with Quicken or their subscriptions.  But there is no telling if or when that might occur.  It could be today, tomorrow or next week or the week after that...or maybe not at all.  Their response or lack thereof to a user's request is often due to whether or not they even see the thread....and there are a lot of threads they never see.
    Often, people who request confirmation numbers are doing so because they want to cancel their subscription and that is often a time constrained need.  The fact of the matter is that contacting Quicken Support is almost always the best, fastest and most reliable method to get that information within the time frame needed.  And that is why I replied to your initial post the way I did.
    I am sorry that you found my response unacceptable and not helpful but it was the correct response for me to give. 
    Most Quicken Support people actually do want to help the customers, even when it comes to subscription cancellation (which is supposed to be "no questions asked").  I suggest you seriously consider contacting Quicken Support, again.  Failure to do so just might result in your missing the window of opportunity to get that refund.  Or you can wait for a Moderator to see your request here and hopefully respond to it.  The choice is yours to make.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    This is Quicken Community, a forum of users just like you.  You'll need to contact Quicken Support directly via Phone or Chat to get this information:  https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support.  (Note:  They are closed today because of the holiday.  Normal Phone hours are 5 a.m.-5 p.m. PST Monday-Friday.  Normal Chat hours are 5 a.m.-5 p.m. PST daily.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @RealQuietLP Why did you mark the reply above as "unhelpful"? It gave you an answer — the correct answer — to resolve your question. This forum is not official Quicken Support, and they are the ones who can access your account details. (I'd add that I'm not sure you ever need a confirmation number to do anything with Quicken. And logging in to your Quicken.com account should show the status of your subscription and bill payment add-on.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RealQuietLP
    RealQuietLP Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @jacobs said:
    > @RealQuietLP Why did you mark the reply above as "unhelpful"? It gave you an answer — the correct answer — to resolve your question. This forum is not official Quicken Support, and they are the ones who can access your account details. (I'd add that I'm not sure you ever need a confirmation number to do anything with Quicken. And logging in to your Quicken.com account should show the status of your subscription and bill payment add-on.)

It was marked as unhelpful as it may have provided a solution, but I was directed to this forum from their phone "support", if you want to call them that. A quick search of the forum shows that posting here has proven to be a successful means of obtaining this information, having it emailed and directly messaged.

The most recent case of Quicken Mods providing help in this situation, via the forums can be located by this quick search: https://community.quicken.com/search?query=order%20number&scope=site&source=community

Specific cases:

- January 7, 2022: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7905622/order-number
    - February 4, 2022: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7907813/cannot-find-order-number
    - February 11, 2022: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7908324/qicken-deluxe-order-number
    - March 30, 2022: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7911072/order-number
    - April 19, 2022: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7912213/where-to-find-order-number
    - August 3, 2022: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7917180/where-to-find-order-number-did-not-receive-confirmation

As for your "add", it is needed when requesting a refund. I have jumped through so many hoops and had the Quicken 1-2-3 agent scream, yell and curse at me over the phone (thank you for recorded phone calls), that I'm done with this service.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Wow, sorry to hear that you've had such an experience with Quicken Support. While their staff is no better or worse than the range of support people you find from any company (some outstanding, some mediocre, some bad), I'm pretty surprised a representative yelled and cursed at you (assuming, of course, that you were not doing it first ;) ).

The Quicken moderators on this site can tap into the customer database, but they I don't believe they can process refunds. So my assumption is that you'll need to reach out to Quicken Support in any case to get a refund, in which case, you won't need to find out your order number first. In any case, the moderators have been off today for the holiday, like the rest of Quicken.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RealQuietLP
    RealQuietLP Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ya, I’ve never had something this bad happen. It was just the intro call to go over the software and I was called a liar and then it went down hill from there. Never once yelled or cursed at him, but couldn’t get that type of respect in return. I was just sitting at the office (surrounded by people) haha.

No problem on them being off. 100% understandable as my company took a 4 day weekend for it. Just need it at some point this week for the refund form to be filled out. It would be nice if it was sent in the original confirmation email, but it’s not.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    @RealQuietLP - I, too, am sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience with Quicken Support.  It's hard to imagine that someone in a customer service job could be so rude and disrespectful.
    Yes, Moderators do cruise through this forum and, yes, sometimes they will engage with users who are experiencing issues with Quicken or their subscriptions.  But there is no telling if or when that might occur.  It could be today, tomorrow or next week or the week after that...or maybe not at all.  Their response or lack thereof to a user's request is often due to whether or not they even see the thread....and there are a lot of threads they never see.
    Often, people who request confirmation numbers are doing so because they want to cancel their subscription and that is often a time constrained need.  The fact of the matter is that contacting Quicken Support is almost always the best, fastest and most reliable method to get that information within the time frame needed.  And that is why I replied to your initial post the way I did.
    I am sorry that you found my response unacceptable and not helpful but it was the correct response for me to give. 
    Most Quicken Support people actually do want to help the customers, even when it comes to subscription cancellation (which is supposed to be "no questions asked").  I suggest you seriously consider contacting Quicken Support, again.  Failure to do so just might result in your missing the window of opportunity to get that refund.  Or you can wait for a Moderator to see your request here and hopefully respond to it.  The choice is yours to make.

This discussion has been closed.