Invalid Credentials for the past three days

HI.

I recently purchased the subscription for Quicken Deluxe. It uninstalled my previous Quicken 2017 version and installed the new version. What is weird is that it still shows the Quicken Home, Business and Rental Property name on top when I run it.

Anyway, it will go to the login screen and whenever I tried to login, it will give me invalid credentials. I looked through the community and it says to wait for two days to see if it resolves itself. Guess what? It does not do anything.

Here is the weird part. When I use Microsoft Edge to sign in to Quicken.com, it will also give me invalid credentials. But when I use Brave browser or Safari browser on a Mac, it allows me to sign in!

So what gives? I do not understand anymore and I have not been able to work on my financial records for the past 4 days because of this stupid login screen. There should at least be an option to NOT have to login to work on the financial records. This is quite stupid.

I have even tried to install Quicken on another computer just to see if the problem is my computer to no avail. I hit the same wall of getting invalid credentials whenever I try to login.

Really need help to fix this issue so I can get things going with my work.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little explanation about why Home & Business is still displayed when you purchased Deluxe.
    The install program installs the complete (all editions) program and the Quicken Id that is used to register the program decides how much is activated. 
    So, what is happening in your case is that the registration is not completing for some reason.  You can try going to Edit->Preferences->Quicken ID and click on "Sign in as a different user".
    If that doesn't work, then you need to contact Quicken Support.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ansj64 said:
    Here is the weird part. When I use Microsoft Edge to sign in to Quicken.com, it will also give me invalid credentials. But when I use Brave browser or Safari browser on a Mac, it allows me to sign in!
    Really need help to fix this issue so I can get things going with my work.
    I can only guess, but I'd say that something in Edge or your Windows Internet Options settings is blocking Quicken access to the Internet.
    • Have you recently enabled a VPN?
      If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.
    • Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    • Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
      Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work, e.g., in McAfee Firewall,
      one user states "By editing the Quicken Firewall entry Selecting Incoming and Outgoing, and changing it from "Default" to "Open to all devices" it now works without having to turn off the entire firewall!"
      If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center.
    • In older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
      Click the Advanced tab.
      Scroll down the list to "Use TLS x.x" and click to put a checkmark on all available TLS choices.
      Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
      Click Apply. Reboot.
    • If all else fails: Try rebooting your network router. When done reboot your PC
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are you located.... US, Canada, - or outside the US ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.