Chase Bill Pay

As a Chase customer, I am forced to make the changes to how I pay bills. Quicken only provides 12 Quick Pay and 9 Check Pay actions per months, AND THIS DOES NOT ROLL OVER! Even if I buy Plus: an additional 15 QP and 15 CP for a month at $9.95, these DO NOT ROLL OVER to the next month even though I purchased them. This is a colossal rip off the Quicken needs to fix for its loyal customers--and our loyalty will diminish.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Just to clarify, the decision to change from Direct Connect to EWC+ was made by Chase in order to cut their costs. You should be mad at them, not Quicken for this change. There is simply no mechanism in the EWC+ protocol to support bill payments. 

I do agree that Quicken charges a lot of a pretty limited bill payment service, but that's mainly because they are paying a third-party company to actually process the payments. To avoid paying Quicken for a larger allotment of QuickPay and CheckPay transaction each month, as well as the uncertainty of whether Check Pay payments will actually arrive in time, you may want to consider moving some/most of your payments to the Chase side, and just have the completed transactions download to Quicken, rather than trying to initiate the payments from within Quicken. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • cjhourigan
    cjhourigan Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the information on this change to EWC+, but why can't Quicken download pending bill payments that I have entered on line directly with Chase. As I understand it, I have to enter the bills in 2 places (Chase and Quicken) if I want to track my projected account balances.
  • jcoley2
    jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information on this change to EWC+, but why can't Quicken download pending bill payments that I have entered on line directly with Chase. As I understand it, I have to enter the bills in 2 places (Chase and Quicken) if I want to track my projected account balances.
    Agreed on this point...I just noticed the same issue.  

This is going to force me to move my 30+ year relationship from Chase to another more accommodating bank.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    jcoley2 said:
    Agreed on this point...I just noticed the same issue.  

This is going to force me to move my 30+ year relationship from Chase to another more accommodating bank.
    Don't pick BofA, they are next on the list to convert.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.