People's Bank - M&T conversion in quicken

Options
Jdivo
Jdivo Member
The instructions from M&T say to delete the peoples account in quicken. Then go to the account list and click edit on the account you want to connect. After I delete it, am I supposed to be able to see my old peoples account and click edit and link it? It says not to add a new account. I am afraid to delete the account and lose everything I have done.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jdivo said:
    The instructions from M&T say to delete the peoples account in quicken. Then go to the account list and click edit on the account you want to connect. After I delete it, am I supposed to be able to see my old peoples account and click edit and link it? It says not to add a new account. I am afraid to delete the account and lose everything I have done.
    Hello @Jdivo

I am sorry to hear about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Be sure to save a backup before 

What connection are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services, if any of them are currently linked? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box. Also, let us know if you are trying to connect by using the M&T Direct Connect instance in the Add Account screen. 

Lastly, note that there is currently an Open Alert regarding M&T and online connectivity issues that may be related to this situation. You may follow the link provided here for additional details and any future updates.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jdivo
    Jdivo Member
    Options
    Thanks Jared, I just want to know if I delete People's Bank from Quicken, will it appear on my account list to link to M&T. I don't want to lose years of work. I did back it up. It says do not create a new account for M&T.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @Jdivo,
    Jdivo said:
    Thanks Jared, I just want to know if I delete People's Bank from Quicken, will it appear on my account list to link to M&T. I don't want to lose years of work. I did back it up. It says do not create a new account for M&T.
    To answer your question; if you deactivate and disconnect your account from People's Bank, you will be able to link it when trying to connect to M&T without losing transaction history. 

If you wish to take precautions before doing so, we advise saving a backup. 

Please be aware that we do have an open alert on M&T currently so it is possible that you may not be able to connect with M&T in Quicken until after the alert has been resolved.

I hope this helps! 

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jdivo
    Jdivo Member
    Options
    By deactivate you mean delete as the instructions say? I did disconnect the online services.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    If you wish to keep the transaction history, then no you would not want to delete the account as this will cause you to lose that historical data. Disconnecting the online services would be all that is needed.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.