Chase Banking Transactions no Longer Downloading

jcoley2
jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭
I get that we can no longer use the Quicken checking register to pay bills, so I have been paying on the Chase account (for now until I move my checking and savings accounts from Chase to another bank--been with Chase for over 30 years!)

But I am noticing now that the transactions are not loading back into the Chase Checking and Savings accounts automatically (although they do download into the Chase credit card.)

Did Chase also got off downloading into Quicken?????

Comments

• rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Did you try resetting those accounts that aren't downloading? That may fix the problem.
  • jcoley2
    jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Did you try resetting those accounts that aren't downloading? That may fix the problem.
    Yes and the Connection Wizard continues to have issues. Today I tried to reset them:  The first time the "Link to Existing" options had nothing in drop down.

I tried a second time and this is what I get:L

1. Checking Account has "Links to Existing Account" and the option is right.
    2. The Credit Card has "Link to Existing Account" and wants to link to a Fidelity Brokerage account for Linking to---this happened both times today.  The Drop Down does not allow "Don't Add to Quicken" Option.
    3. The Savings Account only shows "Don't Add to Quicken" an no options. 
    Why????

• jcoley2
    jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @support any help here? 
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jcoley2 said:
    @support any help here? 
    Hello @jcoley2,  

I do apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Thanks for continuing to speak with us about this.

In this case, it would be necessary to reach out to Quicken Support for further assistance with this particular issue. They are equipped to investigate and troubleshoot this particular problem in greater detail. I do wish I could provide more options from the Community, but this will be the best way to proceed. You can speak with them using the information provided here.

Feel free to reach out to us again with any other questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @jcoley2 I just wanted to make you aware that this forum is not Quicken Support. They are available by phone or text chat. This forum consists mostly of fellow Quicken users, plus a handful of Quicken moderators who keep the site organized and try to answer some questions. (And, sorry, I have no information to offer on the issue you're describing. ;) )
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    I am having the exact same problem the ONLY way I can make it work is to delete the Chase Checking and then add it back on - it will then load all the transactions; however, the next day I have the EXACT same problem. I schedule bills to be paid in the future - and now I am forced to do that on the Chase web site. I will enter a place holder on Quicken that I can match the payment once Chase makes it - but that place holder gets lost every time I have to delete and create a new Chase Checking account. I create the record to be used as a place order to insure I have enough money in my checking account to cover the future payments. Having to create a new checking account each day makes Quicken absolutely useless to me. If this can't be fixed, I am going to have to find another way to keep track of my transactions other than Quicken.
  • jcoley2
    jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭
    jacobs said:
    @jcoley2 I just wanted to make you aware that this forum is not Quicken Support. They are available by phone or text chat. This forum consists mostly of fellow Quicken users, plus a handful of Quicken moderators who keep the site organized and try to answer some questions. (And, sorry, I have no information to offer on the issue you're describing. ;) )
    I am aware it is a Forum but most companies have their support people monitor forums.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    jcoley2 said:
    jacobs said:
    @jcoley2 I just wanted to make you aware that this forum is not Quicken Support. They are available by phone or text chat.
    I am aware it is a Forum but most companies have their support people monitor forums.
    @jcoley2 Okay, but what I was telling you is that Quicken doesn't. ;) I'm just trying to help you avoid feeling annoyance at something which isn't set up to work the way you would like it to.

The handful of moderators here partially function in a limited support role, but they can't do a deep dive into individual users' data. For many issues, they also suggest contacting Quicken Support, as moderator Jared did above. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Even though at times I have heard that the developer might look at this forum it is extremely rare that they ever post anything on here in the way of asking about bugs.  So, in my opinion if one wants that kind of support where you are reporting something and expect no kind of reply then reporting the problem from Help menu is best way to go because it is sent to the developer group (but they will not reply to it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. Reporting a problem from the Help menu also means that you have a chance to send logs and other information that might help them fix the problem.

And on the developers posting on this forum for bugs.  I would state it this way.  They don't post on here to fix your problems.  They post on here to fix their problems.

In other words if they are working on something and they think that asking questions on the forum of user that have that problem will help them find it, they might post here, but RARELY do it.  This would almost be because a problem is so wild spread, but hard to figure out how to reproduce it or such that the are trying to find more information on the problem.

And in the case downloading problems they can probably find out more about that from your logs than anything you might say in this forum.  Of course if the problem is with just one user it might not have even made it to a given developer to work on.
    Signature:
  • jcoley2
    jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all and totally understand. I contacted support last night they were unable to help.  They asked me to call back tonight for Level II support.

I also encountered a new issue last night working with them.  After deactivating the Chase Credit card (which was working fine and the wanted me to deactivate all Chase accounts), when I try to reactivate it, it is now completely freezing Quicken.  Tried three times. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It has been reported on here quite a bit that people trying to use the "Set up Now" for Chase are having it hang.  Instead use Tools -> Add Account.
    Signature:
  • jcoley2
    jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ok this is finally fixed for me with the help from Technical Support Level 2 (Level 1 could not fix).  

I had to completely back up and clear out everything and reinstall.  Now at least I can download Chase transaction directly into my Checking, Savings and Credit Card account.  Pretty disappointing though that the downloads will not automatically associate the transaction to my memorized transaction requiring me to manually match....just another reason to move completely away from Chase after 32 years.
This discussion has been closed.