Budget Status Balance in Planning tool does not match the Allocated Budget figure.

Budget Status Balance in Planning tool does not match the Allocated Budget figure. Budget Status Balance is incorrect at $104 instead of the correct balance of $100 which throws many of the other fields out of balance. Any suggestions?.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Flguy1949,

Thank you for coming back to update us!

I am happy to hear that we were able to reach a resolution. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Hello @Flguy1949,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with the Budget Planning Tool. 

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• I followed your suggestion but to no avail. What's unusual is that it appears that only one category is affected named "miscellaneous" which then has several sub-categories. Any other suggestions?
  • Jasmine, Your suggestion did finally solve the problem. thank you.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Flguy1949,

Thank you for coming back to update us!

I am happy to hear that we were able to reach a resolution. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

• drama5d
    drama5d Member
    I am having a similar issue. I executed the Validate and then Super Validate with no luck. Specifically, there are two line items in the budget planning, each has One transaction where the planning does not match the actual line item. One category - Cash Donations = $100 actual spend vs. $119 showing as spent the other category is actual spend was $300 yet budget planning shows it at $357. I have confirmed there is only one entry for each of these. Any other suggestions?
  • drama5d
    drama5d Member
    I also have an issue when looking at "Spending" there is an Income transaction showing in last months Spending which incorrectly shows last month spending as a negative? The transaction is correctly reported as "Income"
This discussion has been closed.