EWC+

LWHouse
LWHouse Member
What will the "Connection Type" show up in Quicken after the connection is updated?

Best Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Express Web Connect+

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    P.S.  The showing of this link, may or may not be resolved when the finally completely turn off Direct Connect.  At the moment Direct Connect at Chase is in a half in, half out state.  You can still use Direct Connect if it was already setup, but you can't reactive and use it or connect a new account to it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Wxman007 said:
    I have Express Web Connect for Chase, but wasn't prompted to change to Express Web Connect +. How can I move to the latter?
    Sure.  Just de-activate the EWC and then go thru the process of adding a new account, but change "add" to "link" when given the chance.
    I would make sure that your preferences are set to NOT automatically accept the downloaded transactions and be prepared to possibly get a bunch of dups downloaded.  The safest thing would be to make sure that you are current with the website using EWC so that anything downloaded under EWC+ would be a dup.
    ALSO, MAKE A BACKUP AS THE LAST THING BEFORE DE-ACTIVATING ESC

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    Express Web Connect+

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Express Web Connect+

I'm curious, what is shown on the Account List?  Does it distinguish between EWC and EWC+?

• Greg_the_Geek
    In a way. It just shows (Improve Connection) to Direct Connect which we know is no longer possible.

• LWHouse
    LWHouse Member
    I am not sure. Most of my accounts are "Direct Connect". I have one account that is "Express Web Connect". I have one that is "Express Web Connect +", Chase and BofA list the connection under account list as "Yes (Improve Connection)". When I look at them under edit it appears as "Express Web Connect+". I assume ECW and Express Web Connect are the same, but i am not sure.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @LWHouse Express Web Connect and Express Web Connect + differ in the protocol that Intuit uses to connect to the financial institutions.  Intuit is Quicken Inc's "aggregator".  People are using the abbreviations EWC and EWC+ for these.

Both connections use this flow:
    Quicken (the program) -> Quicken servers/Quicken Cloud dataset -> Intuit servers -> Financial institution's website.

Note as now the Chase investment accounts aren't ready for converting to Express Web Connect +, but I got an email yesterday saying that "shortly" they will finally be ready to do that and when they do it the user will still be forced to do it by the 26th.

And for the people in this thread, I believe the "Improve connection" is a bug for Express Web Connect +.  It was meant for the situations where they financial institution provided both Express Web Connect and Direct Connect and the user had the connection set to Express Web Connect.  Changing from Express Web Connect to Direct Connect has always been consider improving the connection.

So, at this point that link isn't making any difference between Express Web Connect and Express Web Connect + and so it is offering this improved connection, but at this time Direct Connect has been turned off for any new accounts/reactivation at Chase so it isn't possible.

Note that going from Express Web Connect to Express Web Connect + would also be considered an improved connection, and if your current connection is Express Web Connect then the link would be valid.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    P.S.  The showing of this link, may or may not be resolved when the finally completely turn off Direct Connect.  At the moment Direct Connect at Chase is in a half in, half out state.  You can still use Direct Connect if it was already setup, but you can't reactive and use it or connect a new account to it.
    Signature:
  • Wxman007
    Wxman007 Member
    I have Express Web Connect for Chase, but wasn't prompted to change to Express Web Connect +. How can I move to the latter?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Wxman007 said:
    Sure.  Just de-activate the EWC and then go thru the process of adding a new account, but change "add" to "link" when given the chance.
    I would make sure that your preferences are set to NOT automatically accept the downloaded transactions and be prepared to possibly get a bunch of dups downloaded.  The safest thing would be to make sure that you are current with the website using EWC so that anything downloaded under EWC+ would be a dup.
    ALSO, MAKE A BACKUP AS THE LAST THING BEFORE DE-ACTIVATING ESC

This discussion has been closed.