Chase updating issues

Options
I just ran the most recent Quicken update to fix the Chase update process (9/17/2022 9:50am CST). Still not updating Chase. Get through the Chase confirmation process but when returning to Quicken Add Account window it shows the Chase account information and under the "Action" column says "Don't add to Quicken". When I select "Next" the dialogue is complete but the next time I use One Step Update I am asked to "Reauthorize" my Chase account. What gives?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @DonaldLalonde,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Based on the issue you described, we request that you please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DonaldLalonde
    Options
    Thank you.
  • quser55
    quser55 Member
    Options
    Having the same issues also, after switching to the new connection method got a bunch of odd, wierd behavior with downloading transactions. Quicken app not showing new transactions, desktop app prompting to delete accounts, they finally unable to download transactions even if after resetting accounts and re-authorizing them on Chase.com.
  • jerry7773
    jerry7773 Member ✭✭
    Options
    With the latest quicken patch, I figured I would - once again - try to run the update Quicken protocol update. Mind you I spent consider time 'fixing' the my Chase checking and savings accounts 10 days ago - which worked fine after 2 hours of deleting duplicate entry's (Tks Quicken). This time its complaining about my Chase (aka JP Morgan) acc't that apparently wasn't upgraded off of its Direct Connect protocol. Took the usual 8-10 backups ... Net, net the process 'blew up' again and now when I conduct a 'update the accounts NONE of my Chase acct's display OR get updated (WOW huh!!. A quick restore (actually 4 of them) conformed the exact same outcome I described. On the 5th restore, I can still update my 2 banking account but repeatably get the screen to upgrade (or else!!) So back to the future again ... all my Chase/JPmorgan accounts update correctly work fine BUT when I use the One Step Update I am still requested to "Reauthorize" my Chase account. Countless hours into this coding mess, any (advanced, procedural, technical) assistance would be helpful. I am at my wits ends once again? (20+ year power user here)
  • scottfmc
    scottfmc Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Same here. [Removed - Rant/Disruptive]
  • John N2
    John N2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue with one of the two accounts I have with chase. One account is syncing fine the other seems to be OK syncing with Chase, but the Quicken Action box only choice is "Don't add to Quicken". Any idea when this will be fixed?
  • FGK
    FGK Member
    Options
    I am losing patience with this problem. It seems that Chase initiated this change but will not help except to refer me to Quicken. Quicken has yet to respond with any update or fix. I use both Mac and Windows. Mac is working fine.
  • jrf40
    jrf40 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having this same issue. Tried multiple things. No transactions are downloaded, but my opening balance is always changed to some random number. Its immensely frustrating for me as well. I have now reverted to downloading transactions from Chase website like we used to do years ago. At least that works.
  • Amo1
    Amo1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I was just getting ready to complete the Chase migration process, as the emails I have received from Quicken say I need to do this prior to September 26.  I am glad that I looked at the posts in the community to see if there are any known issues prior to performing the Chase migration.   In looking at this post, and many others, there appear to be issues across the board affecting users in many different ways.  I do not have time to deal with issues similar to what happened last April with Quicken.   @Quicken Anja, is there a way for Quicken to work out these issues between Quicken and Chase prior to making everyone have to perform the migration?   For those of us that use Quicken for both personal and business use, we simply do not have the time to keep dealing with large issues like this that should be anticipated, tested and solved ahead of time by Quicken?.  Thank you.  
  • Joe Gr
    Joe Gr Member ✭✭
    Options
    These issues with the new Chase method has not been resolved. Time is running out. The last I heard is Chase will stop the Direct Connect method on September 26.
  • Amo1
    Amo1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja, given the number of issues being posted, why is Quicken not delaying the mandatory Sept 26 date for migration?  It would seem foolish to force so many customers to migrate, only to have the customers spend hours trying to fix issues that you are already aware of, as well as your team spending hours trying to resolve issues and responding to upset customers.
  • dream970
    Options
    Chase Migration
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amo1 said:
    @Quicken Anja, given the number of issues being posted, why is Quicken not delaying the mandatory Sept 26 date for migration?  It would seem foolish to force so many customers to migrate, only to have the customers spend hours trying to fix issues that you are already aware of, as well as your team spending hours trying to resolve issues and responding to upset customers.
    It Quicken Inc isn't the one that would decide to delay the ending of Direct Connect, it is the financial institution.  You need to be complaining to them.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • av8042
    av8042 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ever Since the Chase Update my Itemized Paychecks (which Chase is Primary Deposit) are turned into just Salary and I lose the Taxes,401 stuff thats all broken out and catagorized. Help!!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    av8042 said:
    Ever Since the Chase Update my Itemized Paychecks (which Chase is Primary Deposit) are turned into just Salary and I lose the Taxes,401 stuff thats all broken out and catagorized. Help!!
    I would contact Quicken Support for this issue it sounds like you are going to need someone that can work interactively with you to fix the problem.
    Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community
    Signature:
  • Joe Gr
    Joe Gr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have yet to try this again because I have not heard if there has been a fix. Does anyone know the status?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Gr said:
    I have yet to try this again because I have not heard if there has been a fix. Does anyone know the status?
    There isn't any "status".  That implies it works or it doesn't, and that isn't what is happening.

For some people the conversion works without problems.  For others it causes any number of different problems.

There isn't going to be a time where Quicken Inc announces that all problems are fixed for everyone.

There have been three hot fixes that "help", but no one can guarantee that you won't have any problems.

Interesting enough Chase hasn't turn off Direct Connect as of now, which is a day past their deadline, but that doesn't mean they won't turn it of at any time.
    Signature:
  • Amo1
    Amo1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    Amo1 said:
    It Quicken Inc isn't the one that would decide to delay the ending of Direct Connect, it is the financial institution.  You need to be complaining to them.
    I appreciate that @Chris_QPW.  I am a reasonable man, however Quicken has had months to prepare for this, and there are a lot of issues.  To be honest, ever since the R39.17 issue last April, where I had to spend a couple days on the phone with Quicken and troubleshooting on my own to resolve the issues, I have been hesitant to make any changes to Quicken.  It was not until then that I really got involved with the Quicken Community, and since I have, I have realized how widespread the issues are with Quicken updates and customer service.  I have been using Quicken since 2000, and I never realized issues like this until recently, so something seems to have definitely changed.  It would seem that in the past Quicken spent much more time and resources testing their software updates, whereas now it seems that Quicken pushes out updates and leverages their customers to find the issues.  At the same time, the cost of Quicken has increased by 3-5 times, depending on how often you used to buy a membership package, which is now an annual fee.  I would expect that if I am paying that much more, that service and reliabilty would get better, instead of worse.   The intent of my emails is not just to complain, but rather to help Quicken's customer service team understand just how impactful some of these issues can be to their loyal users.  If they are not careful, they are going to lose customers like us. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Amo1 I certainly agree about the testing and such.

BTW what got me to get on the Quicken forum was back in 2006 I made the mistake of buying Quicken 2007 when it first came out and starting using it immediately.  Normally I had a policy of never installing until the next year where they had several releases fixing the bugs.  My experience with all the new bugs for the year convinced me that Quicken was going to die shortly.  So, I stopped buying Quicken every years until the last moment for Quicken 2010 and in the meantime started monitoring the Quicken forum at the time.

You get a completely different impression of Quicken once you start monitoring the Quicken forum.
    Signature:
  • Joe Gr
    Joe Gr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well guys I think I must be old because I have been using Quicken since it was born on 5-1/4 inch floppy disks. I think it could be back as far as 1984 but I am too old to really remember. I have persevered through it all. I agree though, that once it became an annual fee to keep it working, I expected more. I know that the ownership has changed a couple of times but this product is costing more and we seem to be loosing something. I keep getting surveys asking how I like the product but I too wish they would work out the bugs quicker.
  • Amo1
    Amo1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    @Amo1 I certainly agree about the testing and such.

BTW what got me to get on the Quicken forum was back in 2006 I made the mistake of buying Quicken 2007 when it first came out and starting using it immediately.  Normally I had a policy of never installing until the next year where they had several releases fixing the bugs.  My experience with all the new bugs for the year convinced me that Quicken was going to die shortly.  So, I stopped buying Quicken every years until the last moment for Quicken 2010 and in the meantime started monitoring the Quicken forum at the time.

You get a completely different impression of Quicken once you start monitoring the Quicken forum.
    Joe Gr said:
    Well guys I think I must be old because I have been using Quicken since it was born on 5-1/4 inch floppy disks. I think it could be back as far as 1984 but I am too old to really remember. I have persevered through it all. I agree though, that once it became an annual fee to keep it working, I expected more. I know that the ownership has changed a couple of times but this product is costing more and we seem to be loosing something. I keep getting surveys asking how I like the product but I too wish they would work out the bugs quicker.
    The real question for those of us that have been using Quicken for so many years is "what do we do" in order to drive positive change?
  • Amo1
    Amo1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja, does Quicken have any idea how long it is going to take to work through the bulk of the issues being driven by the Chase Bank and Discover Card migration?  I am waiting to make the update changes in Quicken until as many issues have been resolved as possible.  
  • Joe Gr
    Joe Gr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have an update. I just completed the process to use the new Chase connection method. The online balance now matches on both my Quicken and the Chase locations. My original problem had a balance in Quicken that was the Chase “Online Balance” less the “Pending” transactions. Looks like that problem has been solved.
  • Amo1
    Amo1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Gr said:
    I have an update. I just completed the process to use the new Chase connection method. The online balance now matches on both my Quicken and the Chase locations. My original problem had a balance in Quicken that was the Chase “Online Balance” less the “Pending” transactions. Looks like that problem has been solved.
    Thanks Joe Gr.  Did you follow the instructions provided by Quicken, or do anything different on your end? Thank you.  
  • Joe Gr
    Joe Gr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I selected the Quicken Chase account from the main Quicken page. Then did the pull-down menu on the top right (throw gear) and then “deactivated” the account. Then I “reactivated” it and followed the steps to create the new connection. No issues.
  • heimbig
    heimbig Member
    Options
    I just got off the phone with quicken. I had successfully updated the chase accounts but nothing was downloaded. They had me turn off OneDrive which I doubt had any effect. And then they had me sign out of quicken from within the app sign back in and that solved the problem - downloads work. /Tools/preferences/Quicken ID/sign in as a different user/ Which caused a sign out, I signed back in, did an update and my downloads worked.
  • Joe Gr
    Joe Gr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Update on my Chase Account status: I just did a onestep update on my Quicken accounts. It downloaded 3 transactions that were previously downloaded and reconciled. I deleted them and it reconciled with both the “online balance” and “ending balance” matching. However, the value in the “Accounts List” displayed on the left of my Quicken main page displays the account balance plus the “Pending” amount shown on the Chase website. This is a problem because it is used in my totals of account calculation. I am becoming very disappointed with Quicken and the slow progress of this fix.
  • Joe Gr
    Joe Gr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Update 2: I was able to fix my Account List Balance Amount by selecting “Hide Pending Transactions” for my Chase Account and everything seems to be working well.

I looked up “Pending Transactions” in “Quicken Help”. It says “This feature is scheduled for an upcoming release. It is not yet available”. The first paragraph says “If you access your bank via Express Web Connect you may be able to see pending transactions”.

When I selected my Chase Credit Card Account and it displayed the register on the screen, at the very bottom of the screen next to the tab “Downloaded Transactions” and “Bill and Income Reminders” was “Pending Transactions”. I selected that tab and it displayed all my pending transactions. These pending transactions were not included in the online balance but they were included in the account balance in the account list to the left on my main screen.

You can hide the pending tractions tab and remove them from the account balance by selecting the “Hour Glass” pull-down menu directly to the left of the “Ending Balance” at the bottom of the account register.

This is my first experience with this connection method and Pending Transactions are nice to see for a credit card, but since they are not final and I do not like to see them included in my account balance.

Funny thing, I can see that all my “Banking Accounts” have this ability to display the “Pending Transactions” tab.
  • rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't have a problem with showing pending transactions since they are not actually entered in the register. I just don't want pending transactions that appear in the Pending Transactions list included in the Account Bar. In my case I like to sometimes manually enter a transaction in the register (if I remember to do so). This transaction is an uncleared transaction AKA a pending transaction.  If I choose to show pending transactions then not only is the pending transaction included in the Account Bar total but so is the uncleared transaction that I manually entered in the register. The uncleared (pending) transaction in the register and the transaction shown in the Pending Transactions list are the same transaction but Quicken is counting its value twice in the Account Bar. I would think this should be a simple fix for Quicken since they already provide the option to Show/Hide pending transactions. If they insist on including that functionality they should at least provide an additional option that prevents any transaction that appears in the Pending Transaction list from being included in the Account Bar. Any uncleared transaction manually entered in the register should continue to be reflected in the Account Bar.
  • bdmoore
    bdmoore Member ✭✭
    Options
    Neither of my Chase credit cards are downloading, but my checking and savings accounts are. I've tried de/re-activating online services for both credit cards. No change. I do notice that my online balance for one card is $1 trillion and change. Any suggestions from the community?
This discussion has been closed.