New Chase Account Authorization Issues

Answers

• Eastwayroad
    Eastwayroad Member ✭✭✭
    From today's mass email from Quicken CEO Eric Dunn:

"...starting this August, we began the cutover to the new system with Chase Bank, and we are seeing excellent connection reliability and far fewer MFA (“multi-factor authentication”) requests for the users who have migrated. We expect 5-10 other large institutions to switch over to this new connectivity system in 2022 and 2023 and will do everything we can to make these changes simple and transparent for Quicken and Simplifi users. Once the migrations are complete, we expect our Quicken and Simplifi users will benefit from significantly more reliable connections. We appreciate your patience with us as we work on these important connectivity upgrades"

Seriously?
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get that email.

He is in denial. Or out of touch with reality. Sad. This mayhem does start at the top.
  • Oh boyeeee.  New version coming. 

At this point it should go without saying, but I have noticed some new thread readers coming in, PLEASE everyone following this thread, BACKUP your File before you do this update.  Know where your manual backups are going, settings.  I even label my manual backups with RXX.XX to remind me of what level It uses and the date and time (check boxes in the backup details screen). Especially, if you are getting close to getting your Chase EWC+ transition completed.

Version R43.32 (HF3) (Sep, 2022)
    What’s Fixed
    An issue where migration to Express Web Connect Plus caused duplicate transactions for Chase investment accounts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bob. said:
    I didn't get that email.

He is in denial. Or out of touch with reality. Sad. This mayhem does start at the top.
    I didn't get the email either.

From today's mass email from Quicken CEO Eric Dunn:

"...starting this August, we began the cutover to the new system with Chase Bank, and we are seeing excellent connection reliability and far fewer MFA (“multi-factor authentication”) requests for the users who have migrated. We expect 5-10 other large institutions to switch over to this new connectivity system in 2022 and 2023 and will do everything we can to make these changes simple and transparent for Quicken and Simplifi users. Once the migrations are complete, we expect our Quicken and Simplifi users will benefit from significantly more reliable connections. We appreciate your patience with us as we work on these important connectivity upgrades"

Seriously?
    I do notice that he says "Once the migrations are complete", and of course that is the BIG problem, the migration.

As for more reliable, I fail to see how you can beat a record of Direct Connect and Chase/BofA/... not having any problems in over 25 years.  Now if you compare it to Express Web Connect or to some of the financial institutions that can't even do Direct Connect correctly, maybe he is correct.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    Bob. said:
    I didn't get that email.

Maybe we should send him a link to the "Known Issues" section of this site and he could read all the "thank you for your patience" notations.
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Working from yesterdays restored backup
    Did OSU of all accounts with Chase Checking, CCard, Savings, and Invest still in Direct Connect mode
    Accepted all new transactions in all accounts
    Reconciled all accounts
    Backed up
    OSU and checked the "Reauthorize" button for Chase Checking, CCard, Savings
    All but 1 transaction came in correctly and it was a loan payment from today. I fixed that transaction.
    OSU again and checked the "Reauthorize" button for Chase Invest account. Downloaded 30 plus transactions for me to accept. They were all already in the register therefore I deleted them.

Fingers crossed, did OSU again and everything no new changes all looks good.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow's update. Backing up today's.
    Wondering if today's version update to R43.32 would have caught or avoided some of the mismatched downloaded transactions as was happening before.   Good luck on the next OSU.  I am hoping baby sitting these updates can soon end with things becoming stable and finally fixed.  Wondering if anyone just starting the Chase conversion to EWC+ with this latest R43.32 version actually experience any problems.  
  • SteveY
    SteveY Member ✭✭
    > @JRod said:
    > Wondering if anyone just starting the Chase conversion to EWC+ with this latest R43.32 version actually experience any problems.  

Can't speak to those just starting, but similar symptoms for me:
    - OSU completes but doesn't download transactions.
    - if I manually import (QFX, change acct #), it doesn't create an opening balance in 2079! Yay!
    - the account has no opening balance entry anymore. It isn't in the register (I searched).
    - it still creates a Credit Card at Chase account at each import, with no transactions, just a negative opening balance.
  • Wondering if today's version update to R43.32 would have caught or avoided some of the mismatched downloaded transactions as was happening before.   Good luck on the next OSU.  I am hoping baby sitting these updates can soon end with things becoming stable and finally fixed.  Wondering if anyone just starting the Chase conversion to EWC+ with this latest R43.32 version actually experience any problems.  
    @JRod did you upgrade and OSU to 43.32?   I could not bring myself to do it today.   
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    It creates a Credit Card account even after matching the existing account via the reauthorization process?  I assume you likely delete that extra credit card account since duplicate of your already existing one in Quicken.  What happens if in the Quicken credit card account you go through the online setup initiated from your credit card account in Quicken?  It may then properly link the Chase one with the one in Quicken correctly instead of relying on the conversion process and popup.

Before the EWC+ conversion, I was not touching or editing the QFX file that I was manually downloading.  On the Chase site, I was going to the account (let's say checking) and downloading to QFX a date range that did not overlap with my already existing transactions in my quicken register.  Once downloaded, opening the QFX file will initiate Quicken and ask to which account to import the QFX file transactions.  I would select the right one, ei checking, and same downloaded transactions window to review would show up with the new transactions to review and import into register.
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    @JRod did you upgrade and OSU to 43.32?   I could not bring myself to do it today.   
    Yes, I did.  However, did many backups and validation of the file before hand.
    I had already converted Chase banking to EWC+ over a week ago, and Chase investment accounts to EWC+ yesterday when I got the popup notification from Quicken.
  • SteveY
    SteveY Member ✭✭
    > @JRod said:
    > It creates a Credit Card account even after matching the existing account via the reauthorization process?  I assume you likely delete that extra credit card account
    >

The duplicate is created during the manual QFX import. I'm doing that because the EWC+ account "successfully updates" but doesn't show any transactions. I had noted above but I have to edit the QFX file to change the account number (to "...1234" to match the EWC account number) in order for it to import anything.

>What happens if in the Quicken credit card account you go through the online setup initiated from your credit card account in Quicken?  It may then properly link the Chase one with the one in Quicken correctly instead of relying on the conversion process and popup.
    >

I've disconnected and re-set up several times.

> Before the EWC+ conversion, I was not touching or editing the QFX file that I was manually downloading.  On the Chase site, I was going to the account (let's say checking) and downloading to QFX a date range that did not overlap with my already existing transactions in my quicken register.  Once downloaded, opening the QFX file will initiate Quicken and ask to which account to import the QFX file transactions.  I would select the right one, ei checking, and same downloaded transactions window to review would show up with the new transactions to review and import into register.
    >

Yeah...it's supposed to do that. :) In my case I'm doing it from the account properties, the card account is the only one listed in the dropdown as to which to import into, and it still creates another. But, it does import now that I change the account number as I noted the other day.

There was a post the other day by someone who wrote, "I called support and they walked me through this process: Make a copy of your current file and open it (File, Copy or Backup File, Create a copy or template). This will be your new file going forward. None of your accounts will be connected so you have to "Add Account" for each one and then link them to the existing accounts. This fixed transactions that were not downloading..." I have not wanted to go that route but it's starting to look better as we go along.
  • the3roots
    the3roots Member ✭✭✭
    Today's mass email from Quicken CEO Eric Dunn:

"We expect 5-10 other large institutions to switch over to this new connectivity system in 2022 and 2023 and will do everything we can to make these changes simple and transparent for Quicken and Simplifi users."

If @Quicken knows what financial institutions are going to migrate in 2022, why not let your users know!  @Quicken Anja @Q@Quicken_Tyka @Q@"Quicken Harold" , can this be elevated so we have some indication of how many of our accounts are going to be affected and the timeframes?

• And right back to square 1. :s

OSU this morning.  Chase Checking EWC+ auto accepted transactions previously categorized and reconciled.  Wiped out reconciled transactions.  Wiped categories from reconciled transactions :s .
  • Backed up from yesterday's good download with R43.26 after ths mornings download blew up on me.

I upgraded to R43.32
    OSU
    Everything went perfect.
    We will see what tomorrow brings.

I did not notice with R43.32 the Sync function was not in the dialog box of OSU.
  • digester
    digester Member ✭✭
    I also downloaded most recent update this morning before attempting changeover. And I run Quicken for Windows via VMWare Fusion on my iMac. I have five Chase credit card accounts. Seems all transferred over, but only one created a duplicate account. So I deleted the old duplicate after renaming the new one "New Chase x1234". It did require more than once "Reauthorize" step. So will see what happens.
  • KPKP
    KPKP Member ✭✭
    I have a Chase business credit card account with 2 employees. The credit cards have different credit card numbers for the same account. Before the update, these were uploaded into the same account in Quicken for easy reconciliation. Now, since the new Chase update, it will only link 1 credit card to the original account. The other credit card it only sees as a new account and won't let me link it to the original account. Any suggestions?
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    SteveY said:
    > @JRod said:
    > It creates a Credit Card account even after matching the existing account via the reauthorization process?  I assume you likely delete that extra credit card account
    >

The duplicate is created during the manual QFX import. I'm doing that because the EWC+ account "successfully updates" but doesn't show any transactions. I had noted above but I have to edit the QFX file to change the account number (to "...1234" to match the EWC account number) in order for it to import anything.

>What happens if in the Quicken credit card account you go through the online setup initiated from your credit card account in Quicken?  It may then properly link the Chase one with the one in Quicken correctly instead of relying on the conversion process and popup.
    >

I've disconnected and re-set up several times.

> Before the EWC+ conversion, I was not touching or editing the QFX file that I was manually downloading.  On the Chase site, I was going to the account (let's say checking) and downloading to QFX a date range that did not overlap with my already existing transactions in my quicken register.  Once downloaded, opening the QFX file will initiate Quicken and ask to which account to import the QFX file transactions.  I would select the right one, ei checking, and same downloaded transactions window to review would show up with the new transactions to review and import into register.
    >

Yeah...it's supposed to do that. :) In my case I'm doing it from the account properties, the card account is the only one listed in the dropdown as to which to import into, and it still creates another. But, it does import now that I change the account number as I noted the other day.

There was a post the other day by someone who wrote, "I called support and they walked me through this process: Make a copy of your current file and open it (File, Copy or Backup File, Create a copy or template). This will be your new file going forward. None of your accounts will be connected so you have to "Add Account" for each one and then link them to the existing accounts. This fixed transactions that were not downloading..." I have not wanted to go that route but it's starting to look better as we go along.
    Wow, don't know what to say or try. Makes me worry a lot about Quicken moving forward and more unexpected software behavior messing up years of data.
  • CVChief
    CVChief Member ✭✭
    I have this same problem, but with more than 2 card! Anyone have an answer?
  • the3roots
    the3roots Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    @Quicken Anja [Removed - Alumni Tags]

Is there any chance the deadline to migrate our Chase accounts to EWC+ will be postponed from Monday, September 26th?

• Backed up from yesterday's good download with R43.26 after ths mornings download blew up on me.

I upgraded to R43.32
    OSU
    Everything went perfect.

I did not notice with R43.32 the Sync function was not in the dialog box of OSU.

Today's download went well.  There was a single loan payment that was downloaded as a new transaction.  I had not entered the repeating loan payment reminder in the register yet.  I entered the loan payment reminder with splits and Quicken correctly matched the downloaded and I accepted it.

Unless something changes I will not make any more posts on this.

For reference:
    Chase Checking
    Chase Savings
    Chase CCard
    Chase Investing
    many more non chase accounts

Windows 10
    Quicken R43.32
    I do not not Sync anything to the Quicken Cloud

• ramsfancr
    ramsfancr Member ✭✭
    I too have been fighting with the Chase issue and still cannot connect. I have disconnected the link to Chase hoping to just reconnect, but now it won't reconnect. I "reauthorize" and it takes me to the Chase website, I put in login credentials, then it takes me through a wizard that then asks which card(s) to connect. I only have one, so that part is easy. Then it goes to a blank page where in the URL the word error is showing and the page is blank. Then in my email, I receive a note from Chase saying that I have agreed to share data with Quicken. But nothing is connected. I have been using Quicken since the 90's and have not had this much trouble in all the years. Just little things that were overcome. When is this going to get fixed? Or is there a fix out there now? I keep reading all these posts and everyone has a different idea, but nothing definite. Please give us step-by-step instructions on how to fix this. If the other accounts are going to move to this, and we have this much trouble each time, it may be time to look for another software. IMHO. Rob Looking for assistance. Oh, and I have a restaurant here and cannot be on the phone waiting for someone to help from support, if they have a fix.
  • Paul Smith2
    Paul Smith2 Member ✭✭✭
    Like others in this thread, I have problems with the new Chase connection.  I went through the entire upgrade process with Chase and then could not find the link to existing Chase account in Quicken, so I set up a new account (different name in Quicken).  Process completed in Quicken and transactions downloaded from Chase in both the new account and the old account which I did not delete  Great..  so I removed the new account from actively participating in the reports I look at daily and continued to monitor the downloaded content in both the new and existing accounts for a week or so.  They were the same.  My reports which go back 10 years or so are all intact.  No need to identify and delete duplicate transactions.  

The problem I am left with is that every time I do a OSU, I get a message from Chase saying that I need to go through the update process again!  I dismiss this warning with "do it later" and I'm back in business.  

This shouldn't be necessary.   Please fix Quicken/Chase...

Paul
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    ramsfancr said:
    I too have been fighting with the Chase issue and still cannot connect. I have disconnected the link to Chase hoping to just reconnect, but now it won't reconnect. I "reauthorize" and it takes me to the Chase website, I put in login credentials, then it takes me through a wizard that then asks which card(s) to connect. I only have one, so that part is easy. Then it goes to a blank page where in the URL the word error is showing and the page is blank. Then in my email, I receive a note from Chase saying that I have agreed to share data with Quicken. But nothing is connected. I have been using Quicken since the 90's and have not had this much trouble in all the years. Just little things that were overcome. When is this going to get fixed? Or is there a fix out there now? I keep reading all these posts and everyone has a different idea, but nothing definite. Please give us step-by-step instructions on how to fix this. If the other accounts are going to move to this, and we have this much trouble each time, it may be time to look for another software. IMHO. Rob Looking for assistance. Oh, and I have a restaurant here and cannot be on the phone waiting for someone to help from support, if they have a fix.

I have posted this numerous times re the blank page. No one has listened or tried.

START your browser in SAFE MODE BEFORE you tell Quicken to authorize. Try that. Don't just disable a pop-up or ad blocker. SAFE MODE.

Let me know if that works.

If you do not know how to start your browser in safe mode, Google it for your browser of chice. But must nbe done first and must be open before you reauthorize through Quicken.

• dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    Like others in this thread, I have problems with the new Chase connection.  I went through the entire upgrade process with Chase and then could not find the link to existing Chase account in Quicken, so I set up a new account (different name in Quicken).  Process completed in Quicken and transactions downloaded from Chase in both the new account and the old account which I did not delete  Great..  so I removed the new account from actively participating in the reports I look at daily and continued to monitor the downloaded content in both the new and existing accounts for a week or so.  They were the same.  My reports which go back 10 years or so are all intact.  No need to identify and delete duplicate transactions.  

The problem I am left with is that every time I do a OSU, I get a message from Chase saying that I need to go through the update process again!  I dismiss this warning with "do it later" and I'm back in business.  

This shouldn't be necessary.   Please fix Quicken/Chase...

Paul
    Assuming you haven't done this already, go to Account List and clicked "edit" for each of your Chase accounts. In the "online services" tab, verify that the account indicates Express Web Connect+. If any of them say Direct Connect, you'll keep getting that message when you OSU.

I upgraded to R43.32
    OSU
    Everything went perfect.

Today's download went well.  There was a single loan payment that was downloaded as a new transaction.  I had not entered the repeating loan payment reminder in the register yet.  I entered the loan payment reminder with splits and Quicken correctly matched the downloaded and I accepted it.

Unless something changes I will not make any more posts on this.

For reference:
    Chase Checking
    Chase Savings
    Chase CCard
    Chase Investing

Windows 10
    Quicken R43.32
    I do not not Sync anything to the Quicken Cloud

• stevenh
    stevenh Unconfirmed, Member
    edited September 2022
    I have reauthorized my accounts at Chase about 10 times now. Why is this functionality so difficult? The going back and forth from Chase to Quicken does not happen automatically, as the software says it should. [Removed - Speculation]
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same experience for me today.  Chase balances did update but had no Chase transactions to download when I did OSU with EWC+ on Chase accounts.  Had transactions in other accounts that did work fine.

For reference:
    Chase Checking
    Chase Savings
    Chase Investing

Windows 10
    Quicken R43.32
    I do not not Sync any accounts with EWC+ or DirectConnect setups to the Quicken Cloud for Mobile/Web access.
This discussion has been closed.