Quicken Mac Issue Connecting with CIT Bank

FranklinFarr
FranklinFarr Member ✭✭
Receiving download error 28

Quicken is unable to update your account. This may be due to a temporary server issue (code 102).

Been down for 3 days and still non responsive.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Receiving download error 28

Quicken is unable to update your account. This may be due to a temporary server issue (code 102).

Been down for 3 days and still non responsive.
    Hello @FranklinFarr,      

I am sorry to hear about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, try saving a backup by navigating to File > Save a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open, then try making use of the Go To Bank feature.

To use the Go To Bank button:

1. Open Quicken.
    2. Choose the Accounts menu > New, then select the account you want to create.
    3. Choose your bank from the list and click Continue.
    4. Enter your sign-in info and click Continue.
    5. If you get the error again, click Go to Bank.
    6. At your bank's website, try to log in. Then navigate to the transactions in one of the accounts you're trying to add.

What if I could not sign into my bank's website?

If you couldn't sign in from the website that opened when you clicked Go To Bank, the next thing to do is to try bank names similar to yours. This would be necessary if two accounts you usually access from the same website are available under different names on our list.

For example, from the USAA website, you might see your USAA checking and mortgage accounts listed together. But from within Quicken, you may need to:

• Select USAA Bank to add your checking account.
    • Select USAA Mortgage to add your mortgage account.

Here's how to find bank names similar to the one you last chose:

1. Close the browser window that contains your bank's website.
    2. Back in Quicken, click No, maybe I chose the wrong bank name.
    3. If you see another variation on your bank's name, click it, and try signing in.

Also, if you make use of any special characters in your account password, this may result in an error message of this kind. These special characters are ampersand (&), left carat (<), right carat (>), backslash (\), and forward slash (/). You may need to change the password you use with your banking accounts in this case.

You can read more about this in the Support Article linked here.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • brittsky99
    brittsky99 Member ✭✭
    I've had this issue too and when I logged into CIT Bank, they have an annoucement on their front page so I think it's something Quicken will need to work through.

Connecting to Other Institutions
    Due to the recent system upgrades, some non-CIT Bank financial institutions, financial aggregators or payment software systems such as Fidelity, Schwab, Personal Capital, Mint and PayPal, for example, no longer connect automatically to CIT Bank. If you use such a service to sign into CIT Bank and it no longer connects automatically, please contact them to re-establish a connection to CIT Bank.
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this problem here in the Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.