New Chase Account Authorization Issues

Answers

• dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    Bob. said:
    dmhump1 said:
    Bob. said:
    Srajer said:
    Every time I try to authorize on CHASE after logging in and following prompts I get a blank screen -- I've tried disabling pop up blocker but to no avail.

Posted the solution for this, at least for me, half a dozen times. No one has ever tried, commented or agreed or disagreed.

Start your browser in SAFE MODE and keep it open before you ever touch reauthorize in Quicken. Let me know. Assuming someone will try this :)

Popup blocker is not enough to disable. Especially in Firefox.
    That may be because many of us didn't have any problem with our browsers opening a blank screen. In  my case the browser wasn't even involved. The conversion appeared to work as intended, except that it didn't.

Actually, I posted once, then after everyone who said they got blocked at a blank page. Not for everyone, of course as so far I have seen 6 or 10 with a blank page issue. No one ever replied. So I do not know if that solution was unique to me or not. I suspect not. But there is no feedback. Hence a bit of frustration.

Seems there are other addons other than popup blockers that need safe mode to deactivate and allow Chase to complete for some browsers and some users. Hopefully someone will post their experience.

Yes, it seems there were multiple problems affecting different users and no one-size-fits-all solution. I posted a solution that worked for me, which I got from another user, so I'm grateful for all the helpful posts. I just kept trying different approaches until I found one that worked. So far.

• dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭

I may have spoken too soon. When I did a OSU just now I got an error message saying I needed to reauthorize my Chase accounts, Even though the Account List indicates they are set up for EWC+. It was working fine this morning.

Sigh....
  • DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    Last Saturday (9/24) successfully updated Chase accounts to EWC+.  Downloads are OK.  Windows Q Premier at R43.32.  

Now I still get this upon starting Quicken.:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attention Required:
    Update all your Chase accounts now

Quicken has partnered with Chase to provide you with a new, faster, more reliable connection.

Chase moved to this new connection on September 27, 2022. To continue downloading information from Chase, you will need to update to the new connection.

When Quicken prompts you to update your Chase connection, please do it right away. The process is simple and will only take a few minutes.

-----------------------------------------------------

There must be someplace in this program to reset that.

• Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    Is it possible you still have some accounts that you have hidden but not deactivated? If you go through the steps do any accounts show up? There is also a comment on the original notification that the banks may periodically ask you to re-authorize.
  • Ben_Dover
    Ben_Dover Member ✭✭
    > @"Mark Torpey" said:
    > Is it possible you still have some accounts that you have hidden but not deactivated? If you go through the steps do any accounts show up? There is also a comment on the original notification that the banks may periodically ask you to re-authorize.

I am sked to reauthorize for Chase every time. BofA seemed to work ok.
  • DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    Mark E said:
    > @DRMick said:
    > Last Saturday (9/24) successfully updated Chase accounts to EWC+.  Downloads are OK.  Windows Q Premier at R43.32.  
    >
    > Now I still get this upon starting Quicken.:
    > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------Attention Required:
    > Update all your Chase accounts now
    >
    > Quicken has partnered with Chase to provide you with a new, faster, more reliable connection.
    >
    > Chase moved to this new connection on September 27, 2022. To continue downloading information from Chase, you will need to update to the new connection.
    >
    > When Quicken prompts you to update your Chase connection, please do it right away. The process is simple and will only take a few minutes.
    >
    > -----------------------------------------------------
    >
    > There must be someplace in this program to reset that.

Do you still have some old inactive/hidden accounts laying around that may still have direct connect set up?
    Good Idea.  I did have two extinct closed Chase accounts but they are not connected.   The active ones are EWC+.   Today I opened and closed Q  3 times and did not get Chase popup.  So it is intermittent. 
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken has once again started asking me to reauthorize one of my Chase accounts. Only one. Reauthorization times out and fails to complete, even though Chase confirms all accounts are authorized. Meanwhile the one account has an odd icon next to it, but "fix this" doesn't.

It all worked fine until yesterday. I'll try deactivating again and starting over.
  • After todays patch I just left Quicken running after I deactivated and re-added my accounts. After about 3 hours it finally came back with both matched and new transactions, some of which I knew where completely bogus. I tried to selectively accept a transaction when it triggered an "Accept All" somehow, and now my register transactions across ALL accounts are completely fubar.

Way to go Quicken coders. Probably the worst fail in the 2+ decades I've been using your products.

Time to look for an alternative. I'm not chancing this crap again.
  • gsakal02134
    gsakal02134 Member ✭✭
    Agree completely. By some miracle, I got mine working after the most recent Quicken update. But a lot of users are still having problems.
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mark E said:
    If I can't trust Quicken to pull down a complete picture of all account activity, what good is it? This is unacceptable.

To make matters worse, now I'm getting prompted to transition my Bank Of America accounts to EWC+. This is ridiculous.

Getting tired of us being the quality control group for Quicken with my personal data. Also the "updates" from Quicken here which always say that we're aware of the problems but don't have an ETA on a fix. I'd be out of a job if I was given critical tasks like these and after a month I still could not provide management with an estimate of when a fix might be ready.

This has been a total disaster
    I agree.  I've had to remove download from Chase investment accounts because it is just not working and Quicken software seems confused between banking and investment accounts for the EWC+ setup.  So I am entering those manually for now.  The banking accounts did download transactions today.  Still baby sitting it and watching it with constant validation and backing up of quicken file to fallback to.

I've noticed issues with people having the same problems with Bank Of America.  I wonder if E*TRADE related bank accounts are also going through similar process since Quicken all of a sudden was unable to download and had bunch of troubleshooting questions if I change anything with the account recently which I haven't.  Wondering if this is somehow triggered by some changes by Quicken and the previously setup Express Web Connect download connection no longer working.  Is Quicken forcing already configured Express Web Connect downloads to Express Web Connect+ (EWC+)?  Did not see any notice about this but suspecting this is what is happening to everything related to Quicken transaction downloads.
  • dryfork
    dryfork Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, a disaster for many and started that way for me. My first 3 tries were a total mess. Finally I gave up on Q instructions and suggestions in the community (way too many and very hard to follow an 18 page thread) and called Q support. After 25 min hold reached an agent who walked me through deleting the "new" account Q created and switching existing account to EWC. Has worked fine so far. Glad for the excellent individual support, but don't understand why there was no step-by-step primer provided by Q to guide users through the process - the instructions were minimal and not helpful. This a recurring problem w/Q - every time a big financial institution institutes new processes they always seem to be one step behind.
  • aguden
    aguden Member ✭✭
    Problem with Quicken & Chase Visa BUSINESS Card.

1. My Chase Visa BUSINESS Account has 2 cards: One ending in 1769 and one ending in 3822. There is evidently also an umbrella account ending in 1777 - supplied by the Chase Tech person.

2. When I received my 1st statement from Chase for the account after the EWC+ update, I noticed that none of the transactions for my wife’s card (3822) were in the Quicken register. I went to the Chase website and downloaded the transactions for the account and all transactions were included - both for 1769 and 3822.

3. I have gone into Quicken and deactivated the account and went through the reconnect process and when I get to the point of reconnecting, both the 1769 and 3822 are displayed. First I just tried the 1769 and as expected it only delivered the transactions for the 1769 card. I deactivated again and reconnected the 1769 and I added the 3822 account. When I updated I had a separate account for 3822 transactions and I accepted them into the register and then moved them to the 1769 register.

4. There is either a way to fix this or a better work around. IF the 1777 (the umbrella account)displayed when I was adding new accounts I’d be all set or if there was a way to merge the 1769 and 3822 I’d be happy.

5. I have 2 additional Chase Visa cards that are personal cards and each account has 2 cards and they work fine. There is something different about how the business accounts are handled that is a problem.
  • niven
    niven Member ✭✭
    Every time I open Quicken I am reminded to reauthorize my Chase accounts. I've already done this and I am receiving downloads but how do I get Quicken to stop reminding me to do something I've already done. My wife's account is reauthorized and Quicken doesn't remind us about this one, just mine, which is a credit card
  • RegA
    RegA Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue and have tried starting and stopping and trying to get Chase and Quicken to connect.
    When I try to link my Chase accounts, checking, saving and credit card, I cannot link the checking account. I hit the dropdown box to select the checking account in windows and it does not show up. The other two connect as wanted to existing quicken accounts.
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    RegA said:
    I have the same issue and have tried starting and stopping and trying to get Chase and Quicken to connect.
    When I try to link my Chase accounts, checking, saving and credit card, I cannot link the checking account. I hit the dropdown box to select the checking account in windows and it does not show up. The other two connect as wanted to existing quicken accounts.
    Have you tried deactivating your Chase checking account from online access first? Then click Add Account from Account List and go through the process as if you were just setting up this account for the first time. Otherwise Quicken/Chase just keep trying to link up the same account over and over. That worked for me and several others. There are more detailed descriptions earlier on this thread.
  • niven
    niven Member ✭✭
    > @dmhump1 said:
    > Have you tried deactivating your Chase checking account from online access first? Then click Add Account from Account List and go through the process as if you were just setting up this account for the first time. Otherwise Quicken/Chase just keep trying to link up the same account over and over. That worked for me and several others. There are more detailed descriptions earlier on this thread.

This apparently has worked for me, THANKS
  • niven
    niven Member ✭✭
    > @niven said:
    > > @dmhump1 said:
    > > Have you tried deactivating your Chase checking account from online access first? Then click Add Account from Account List and go through the process as if you were just setting up this account for the first time. Otherwise Quicken/Chase just keep trying to link up the same account over and over. That worked for me and several others. There are more detailed descriptions earlier on this thread.
    >
    > This apparently has worked for me, THANKS

update - it came back :(
  • dryfork
    dryfork Member ✭✭✭
    Not relevant to ths question, but I am very surprised Q support staff (and this has come from the top level of
    quicken employees to the bottom phone support folks) have asked me to share my screen with huge amounts of confidential/personal data in the process of trying to respond to support requests. THEY SHOULD NEVER ASK THIS. It creates an immediate data hole that anyone at Q can drive right through. They need to be trained in verbal communication sufficient enough to talk people through problems slowly and carefully without access to such personal and confidential information.
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    niven said:
    > @niven said:
    > > @dmhump1 said:
    > > Have you tried deactivating your Chase checking account from online access first? Then click Add Account from Account List and go through the process as if you were just setting up this account for the first time. Otherwise Quicken/Chase just keep trying to link up the same account over and over. That worked for me and several others. There are more detailed descriptions earlier on this thread.
    >
    > This apparently has worked for me, THANKS

update - it came back :(
    That happened to me too. Then I went to Update Settings and discovered that one of the boxes wasn't checked. Also be sure to uncheck any boxes for duplicate or obsolete accounts. 

I don't know if that will fix your problem but it did mine. If it doesn't you might have to bite the bullet and contact Support.
  • niven
    niven Member ✭✭
    > @dmhump1 said:
    > That happened to me too. Then I went to Update Settings and discovered that one of the boxes wasn't checked. Also be sure to uncheck any boxes for duplicate or obsolete accounts. 
    >
    > I don't know if that will fix your problem but it did mine. If it doesn't you might have to bite the bullet and contact Support.

Well I had a look and realized that I have a closed account still activated in Online Services, so I deactivated it and it seems to have worked. I think Quicken must have been tying to tell me to get authorization for an account that no longer exists with Chase. So it looks like it fixed my problem, Thanks, but I'll be back it it reappears :)
  • mike caldwell
    mike caldwell Member ✭✭
    THIS WORKS!! Some have posted this as a fix for the Chase Reauthorization issue, others that it did not work. I tried everything I read every where and think I have wasted at least three man-days on this mess. But this fix worked great for me. If you tried and it did not work maybe you missed an account, So let me suggest this.

First, go to Accounts and check "Show hidden accounts," Then go down the list and for EVERY Chase account presently used or not, click on the "Edit" link and deactivate that account. Keep going down the list. Anything not Chase does not matter, but be absolutely certain you deactivate everything you have or ever had on Chase. Close the program, go eat lunch. Anyway, give the system an hour to make sure everything bubbles through. Wouldn't hurt to warm boot your PC. The open Quicken and just start a One Click Update. All of your Chase accounts will be presented on q list. Probably don't have to, but I clicked every "Link to existing account" to verify it pointed to the right account. Now let it run, and when done you will find all of the accounts have now been Activated. I opened each account to make sure Activated and checked "Reconcile using on line balance" or some such. Now do another One Click update and the Reconcile each one and mine were all current and zero error.
  • the3roots
    the3roots Member ✭✭✭
    the3roots said:
    Today's mass email from Quicken CEO Eric Dunn:

"We expect 5-10 other large institutions to switch over to this new connectivity system in 2022 and 2023 and will do everything we can to make these changes simple and transparent for Quicken and Simplifi users."

If @Quicken knows what financial institutions are going to migrate in 2022, why not let your users know!  @Quicken Anja @Q@Quicken_Tyka @Q@"Quicken Harold" , can this be elevated so we have some indication of how many of our accounts are going to be affected and the timeframes?

@Quicken Anja does anyone have a list of the financial institutions that will be changing connection methods before the end of the year?  It sounds like there are still ongoing problems, so it would be nice to know.

• the3roots
    the3roots Member ✭✭✭
    I migrated my one Chase VISA account to EWC+ on September 24th.  Over the past two weeks I've noticed a couple of strange things.

First, today when I ran the OSU it said there were 3 new transactions in the OSU summary.  But, when I looked at my register, there was only 1 transaction listed.  It appears as though the other two were automatically accepted.  (I have the feature turned off to automatically accept transactions in my register.)  All 3 transactions were credit card purchases from the same store on the same day (October 7th) within an hour of each other.  All 3 transactions were finalized today by Chase and moved from Pending to Processed.  All of these transactions should have been listed in my new transactions list to accept into the register.  I've had this problem with Ally Bank, which uses EWC, before for several years.

Secondly, I made 3 purchases from 3 different stores on my Chase VISA Account today.  I entered them into Quicken Desktop and ran OSU, as I normally do.  I have it set to update the cloud and my Quicken mobile App data.  Later I looked at my financial position on the Quicken Mobile App and 2 of the transactions I entered today, showed the Category Name that I entered, but the other 1 didn't.  The transaction that doesn't show the Category says "categorized" and the Payee is the name from my Chase account online, not the Payee name I entered for that transaction (i.e., www.kohls.com #0873 and not Kohls.)  Categories were entered on all 3 transactions as were Payee Names.  It appears as though the Cloud data isn't being updated for all of the transactions from
    the OSU.

Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?  Any suggestions regarding how to get this to Quicken Support to review it for a bug fix?  Calling Quicken Support they will just give me a work-around, but the problem never gets resolved.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @the3roots, bugs yes, but I'm not surprised either.

First off, even with Sync to Mobile/Web off Express Web Connect and Express Web Connect + accounts are syncing with the Quicken cloud dataset.  But especially when one has Sync to Mobile/Web on you need to realize what that means.

The Quicken cloud dataset is maintained by the Quicken server, and part of that is downloading transactions periodically.  So, it is entirely possible for the Quicken server to have fetched one or more transactions from the financial institution and store them in the Quicken Cloud dataset before you ran One Step Update.

Now those transactions should as said sync down to Quicken as new transactions and appear in the Downloaded Transactions tab, but based purely on some of the comments people have made over the years that use Sync to Mobile/Web sometimes it will sync the transaction directly into the register as you described as if you had already reviewed it in the Mobile/Web App.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • the3roots
    the3roots Member ✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    @the3roots, bugs yes, but I'm not surprised either.

First off, even with Sync to Mobile/Web off Express Web Connect and Express Web Connect + accounts are syncing with the Quicken cloud dataset.  But especially when one has Sync to Mobile/Web on you need to realize what that means.

The Quicken cloud dataset is maintained by the Quicken server, and part of that is downloading transactions periodically.  So, it is entirely possible for the Quicken server to have fetched one or more transactions from the financial institution and store them in the Quicken Cloud dataset before you ran One Step Update.

Now those transactions should as said sync down to Quicken as new transactions and appear in the Downloaded Transactions tab, but based purely on some of the comments people have made over the years that use Sync to Mobile/Web sometimes it will sync the transaction directly into the register as you described as if you had already reviewed it in the Mobile/Web App.

I'm not sure I completely understand your comment.

In my first problem, all 3 transactions should have appeared in my list of transactions for me to manually accept (and they did in the past did with Chase).  I have my Preferences set to not automatically enter transactions into any of my registers.  So, how could it be working as designed when out of 3 charges placed on the exact same day from the exact same store within 1 hour result in 2 transactions be automatically accepted and 1 not?  Because of that Preferences setting, nothing should be automatically entered from the web or be accepted.  I do not ever enter transactions in the Quicken App or web.  They are always entered manually on my desktop application, I run the OSU to manually mark any transactions that have been cleared by the financial institution, and then the information is sync'd with the Quicken cloud.  I only use the App to view what my financial position is and what transactions have cleared or are pending.  That's all I want out of the Quicken App.

In the second problem, all 3 transactions were charges placed yesterday.  I entered them into my Quicken Chase register with Categories and ran OSU.  (My Chase VISA account still showed all 3 as pending, still that way today.)  The Categories are correctly displayed on 2 of the transactions, but not the other one.  I didn't seem to have experienced this problem prior to the Chase Migration.  Over the past 2 weeks, Quicken Customer Support has said to just reset the data in the cloud, which corrects the data and therefore what is displayed by the App.  However, it doesn't resolve the problem/bug because this happens every time I have 2 or more transactions in a day against my Chase VISA card.  Also, even after entering my transactions today with categories and running OSU, the 1 transaction without a Category yesterday hasn't changed.  It doesn't appear to get updated correctly until I reset the cloud data from my Quicken Desktop, then log out of the App and log back in.

Workarounds are NOT bug fixes.  In my opinion as a retired Software Project Manager at a large automotive software company, Quicken does not appear to have a way to effectively get bug reports forwarded to the technical services department so they eventually roll fixes into a future release.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @the3roots I didn't say it is working as designed, in fact I said just the opposite, it is definitely a bug.

What I was saying is that given the past reports on here that from what I understand the bug comes above because the sync between the Quicken data file and the Quicken Cloud dataset isn't working properly.

That sync can pretty much do anything it wants to your data file without your approval.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    I experienced same problem ever since the Chase migration.  I think the Quicken mobile/web data when comparing to sync with desktop has a bug and changes existing transactions already in register.  I stopped syncing all bank accounts to mobile/web to avoid this from happenning.  It was happening even with preferences set to not automatically load downloaded transactions into register.  I believe all their download and sync changes to fix the ewc+ changes has broken their other sync options.  I suspect poor full testing and impact analysis with their changes throughout the package.
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    Is there any reason to sync to the cloud if you don't use the mobile app? I can save the data on my wifi network.
This discussion has been closed.