Make "Show/Hide Pending Transactions" consistent with QWin GUI

Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Display/UI
The new feature to show/hide pending transactions has been implemented using a completely unique user interface for Quicken. It is in the bottom balance row of the register. There has never before been a command in the balance row, making this something difficult to notice and find, as well as a visual blight on the register.
There are several places to put this command that would be historically consistent with Quicken.
  • Preferences
  • Account Details
  • Register "gear" menu
People are used to looking for options in those places. I suggest "show/hide pending transactions" be moved to one of them.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

12 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    There is already a global preference setting (that doesn't work at the moment). Is the suggestion for the account level?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mrzookie The global preference was an interim measure. It is gone in R44.20.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Weird. Everything is being done so haphazardly. The Design and Dev teams need some serious changes.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the implementation in R43.20 is not intuitive at all, to me at least. When I click on the dropdown arrow and pending transactions are hidden, the only selection is "Show pending transactions," with a grayed out explanation below. It changes to "Hide pending transactions" if the pending transactions are currently shown. The only place the pending transactions are currently shown is when I click on the "i" icon to the left of Online Balance.

Newer versions of Quicken may do do this differently; I hope they do.

Also confusingly, the Show/Hide setting also controls whether the pending transactions are included in the balance in the Account bar.

I think all this would be much clearer if the setting were a "Show pending transactions" checkbox rather than the one-choice dropdown as currently implemented, and a separate control that controls whether the pending transactions are included in the Account Bar balance. 

QWin Premier subscription