Chase Connectivity

Options
Ben Tienor
Ben Tienor Member ✭✭
:'(
Am I the only one who can't figure out what they're trying to tell me to do about Chase connection? They keep spamming useless messages, reminding me it's easy, pointing to a "reauthorization" button. WHERE IS THE BUTTON? You know what's actually easy? Canceling. THIS SUCKS
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Ben Tienor,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this question. 

If you have Chase accounts and have not yet received the prompt to migrate the connection method, then I suggest reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Ben Tienor
    Ben Tienor Member ✭✭
    Options
    Receive a Prompt? - of course not, none received.
    Reached out? I emailed, they auto reply politely telling me they don't read emails and point me to this forum.
    This forum says call someone else. I've been paying Quicken since 1997. What a joke.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @""Ben Tienor" ,

The problem is this: If you enjoyed, using Direct Connect Connection with Chase, Chase no longer is supporting that protocol. You won't see any transactions downloaded from Chase. And you can't pay your bills through Quicken, using Chase. If you were using Quicken to upload Payments to pay your Bills, you can sign up for Quicken Bill Manager, were you are limited to Free Bill Pay where you can only write a few checks per month or you can Change to Banks that support Direct Connect Connections, like Wells Fargo Bank and PNC Bank.

Do you read Announcements or Alerts in this forum?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Ben Tienor
    Ben Tienor Member ✭✭
    Options
    @thecreator More responses that don't answer the question. For those just joining us, WHERE IS THE SAINTED REAUTHORIZATION BUTTON? I don't use Q bill pay, I just want to download the transactions, in whatever way Q wants me to.
  • thecreator
    Options
    Hi @""Ben Tienor" ,

As long as all Chase Account Registers in your Quicken Data File, are connected to Chase, you must go into Account Overview for each Chase Register and Deactivated Online Services for each. Now, once all Chase Registers are deactivated, close all windows.

Close and reopen Quicken.

Click Edit when click Preferences. Make sure that New Transactions are not going into the Registers.

Then click on File then click New Quicken File. Dot New Quicken Account. Click OK. Click the Chase Icon.

Follow the instructions on the next window.

Click Sign in which opens a browser Window. Sign in into Chase in that Window, When done, close the Browser Window, don't Minimize the browser.. Link the correct Registers to the correct Accounts.

• Ben Tienor
    Ben Tienor Member ✭✭
    Options
    Got it. In the spirit of how this works, elsewhere on this board, on this topic, you'll find the following, that CLEARLY says DO NOT DEACTIVATE.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got it. In the spirit of how this works, elsewhere on this board, on this topic, you'll find the following, that CLEARLY says DO NOT DEACTIVATE.
    There is how they envisioned it would work, and then there is how it really turned out.

They did intend that one would just hit the Reauthorize button and Quicken would handle everything.
    This in fact did work for some people. But not for others.  And so, people started looking for workarounds to the problems they saw, and one of them was to do the deactivating of the downloading manually.

And for what is worth i believe that @Quicken Jasmine's suggestion is the best answer to your problem and you should follow it, and contact Quicken Support.

There have been a multitude of problems reported, and each needs a different solution.
    Deactivating before reauthorizing has been suggested for the cases when people reauthorize and then find that they can't link to existing accounts.

But as far as I know this doesn't solve the problem of the reauthorized button not showing up at all.
    When you run One Step Update it should be there, and if it isn't, well I have yet to see a posting of anyone that has said they had the problem and doing "X" fixed it.  @thecreator's suggestion might fix it, but I'm doubtful.

If it doesn't then frankly Quicken Support is your last hope:
    Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • thecreator
    Options
    Hi @""Ben Tienor" ,

I did try bypassing the the Deactivation thing, but it doesn't work, I got Duplicate Registers.
    Try both ways. You have made Manual Backup Data Files, haven't you? If it doesn't work, simply restore the last Manual Backup File and try again.

This discussion has been closed.