When will Quicken Mac provide a transaction export that suppresses the splits providing only totals?

Teresa S
Teresa S Member ✭✭
edited November 2022 in Reports (Mac)
When reconciling accounts we need the summary/total of the relative transaction, not all the splits. This is soooooo time consuming reconciling when we have to then add our own totals within the exported transactions totaling all the splits!

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    We're other users ... and have no way of answering "When will ..." type questions.
    IF such a function is in development, the Mods and employees on this forum wouldn't be able to talk about it and even if it's in testing, the other users who are testing this would have signed Non-Disclosure Agreements and couldn't talk either.
    Q never announces enhancements  until JUST BEFORE such is released.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm not sure I understand the issue you're asking about. When you reconcile your accounts, are you using the Reconcile window? There's a Preference setting so that splits don't auto-open during reconciliation; you should make sure that option is unchecked; then you see only the total transactions in the Reconcile window. Why are you exporting the transactions to reconcile your accounts? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Teresa S
    Teresa S Member ✭✭
    No, Im referring to actually printing out/exporting the transaction detail so I can reconcile with all the transactions printed out in front of me. Need to suppress the splits and only provide their totals.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why aren't you using the Reconciliation function that's within QMac?  Why do you need to do a paper reconciliation?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.