R44 was supposed to update tax laws for the tax planner. Is that for year 2023?

leishirsute
leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
Using R44.20 and the tax planner only shows 2021 and 2022 options for the tax year.
Is it supposed to show 2023 as an option?
If not, we can we expect 2023 to show in the tax planner?

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    I think you might have misread the release notes for R44.20.  The release notes state: "Updated Lifetime Planner calculations to reflect new tax laws and tax rates", not updated Tax Planner.
    I don't know when the 2023 Tax Planner will be added but my recollection is that previously the new calendar year was added to Tax Planner near the end of Dec-early Jan so I'm guessing that is when we'll see 2023 added to Tax Planner, too.  Actually, IMO the new calendar year should be added to Quicken in the Oct/Nov preceding it.  I know I could use the 2023 Tax Planner now as I am sure many others, as well, but I think there are still some unknowns for the 2023 tax code that need to be accounted for, first.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Additional question:  Is the new year Tax Planner added as a version update or just a download from Quicken?
    It requires an updated Quicken version.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    I think you might have misread the release notes for R44.20.  The release notes state: "Updated Lifetime Planner calculations to reflect new tax laws and tax rates", not updated Tax Planner.
    I don't know when the 2023 Tax Planner will be added but my recollection is that previously the new calendar year was added to Tax Planner near the end of Dec-early Jan so I'm guessing that is when we'll see 2023 added to Tax Planner, too.  Actually, IMO the new calendar year should be added to Quicken in the Oct/Nov preceding it.  I know I could use the 2023 Tax Planner now as I am sure many others, as well, but I think there are still some unknowns for the 2023 tax code that need to be accounted for, first.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Additional question:  Is the new year Tax Planner added as a version update or just a download from Quicken?

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It requires an updated Quicken version.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.