Citibank error CC 502

Options
Getting error CC-502 with Citibank for almost 2 weeks now.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @bobbi_kehoe,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• FormerFed
    FormerFed Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • jnors
    jnors Unconfirmed
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Me too!

P.S. The link above continuously says no ETA for those with this issue.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jnors said:
    Me too!

P.S. The link above continuously says no ETA for those with this issue.
    That is because in fact they never get the status, at least not until it is fixed, and by that time the users will know before they do.  They only post those "not ETA" because people complain that they want to be "updated".

That is the biggest problem with Express Web Connect/Express Web Connect +, because it involves Intuit (their aggregator) and the financial institution fixing things it is one big black hole.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Q_Wise
    Q_Wise Member
    Options
    Me too; for weeks now. My Chase accounts have been working fine, but my Citibank account is always "CC-502."
  • getsyp
    getsyp Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here. The "Community Alert" that Anja so empathetically refers to has been opened since April of 2022 and just repeats "we really have no idea what the problem is and have no idea how to fix it and no desire to do so" over and over and over again. Any problem that lasts more than 6 months needs a little more attention than "escalated internally".
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    getsyp said:
    Same here. The "Community Alert" that Anja so empathetically refers to has been opened since April of 2022 and just repeats "we really have no idea what the problem is and have no idea how to fix it and no desire to do so" over and over and over again. Any problem that lasts more than 6 months needs a little more attention than "escalated internally".
    They have the desire to fix it, just not the ability.  Quicken Inc pays Intuit for the Express Web Connect service.  It is up to them to fix it.  All Quicken Inc can do as a customer of Intuit is what you are doing as a customer of Quicken Inc, complain.  I'm sure that Intuit has developed quite a deaf ear to such complaints after all these years.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • getsyp
    getsyp Member ✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW...I don't think you understand how outsourcing works. I hired/pay Quicken - not Inuit. If Quicken in turn hires/outsources to Intuit - and Intuit doesn't perform - it's still Quicken's responsibility to fulfil the contract they have with me. "All they can do as a customer" is find another vendor - just like I'm going to do if Quicken can't get their product to work consistently.

These types of problems with Web Express have been going on for over a year. I had problems with Chase, Schwab, Amex, Citi, PNC, and others. Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't. It really sounds like they are more incompetent than anything else. You say Intuit developed a deaf ear - well so has Quicken.
  • scottdp
    scottdp Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem also. Spent far too much time attempting to fix. One must consider whether Quicken is the correct tool for the job?
  • Pngwnut
    Pngwnut Member
    Options
    I guess I am in the same boat.... Haven't gotten my Citicard to update in about a month.....
    Any advice as to "what now"?????????
  • oukid
    oukid Member
    Options
    I have two credit card accounts at Citibank. Quicken updates one but not the other. I wonder why that is.
  • endoman
    endoman Member ✭✭
    Options
    On a phone conversation, the tech was able to resolve an ongoing Chase Bank problem, but the Citi CC-502 was "referred to a higher level of tech support". This has been going on for weeks. At least I am able to manually download the transactions from Citibank, but it's a real nuisance and I shouldn't have to. Fix it or refund my money for the time it hasn't worked.
  • Rmcamp
    Rmcamp Member
    Options
    I have been having an ongoing problem with error cc 502 with citibank. I called the bank and was able to see my account there so the problem is with Quicken. I agree fix or refund.
  • mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know if this will work for everyone else (I have a feeling it's multiple scenarios/issues). I de-activated all my Citi cards (I have 4). I then edited each account to remove the account numbers and Financial Institution. I also went into my Citibank account (online via web browser) and removed the Desktop/Quicken link. I then picked one credit card and setup for Online and re-authorized. Now, all 4 work fine and haven't gotten the CC-502 for a little over a week now.

Discover on the other hand ....
  • endoman
    endoman Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tired of your stock answer! Get it fixed. I have 4 Citibank accounts and want the updates.
  • Ray
    Ray Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have seven financial institutions, 3 with Citibank. Two of them are credit cards (American Air and Costco) which occasionally have One Step issues. But the personal account with checks, savings, and credit cards has been by far the least reliable for well over 10 years. It fails with a variety of errors about 20% of the time. Multiple retries will usually succeed but sometimes I have to deactivate and reactivate all 7 accounts. My mother-in-law's Quicken file with her personal account also fails. Neither Citibank nor Quicken has ever fixed the problems.
  • ErikO
    ErikO Member ✭✭
    Options
    Geez, Quicken. Get it together! I've had Citi accounts for years with no problem with OSU. I have a new card number and now when I go to try to add a new account I get CC-502. This stuff shouldn't be that hard. Where are your developers putting their time? Stop adding new features and fix all the bugs with this current version that have crept in during 2022. Start with CC-501 & CC-502 connection errors and then fix the slow issues due to too many user objects!
  • DannyMac
    DannyMac Member
    Options
    I looked up what cc-502 means: It means that the 2-factor authentication (2FA) used by Citibank is problematic. It used to work. The solution: I logged into CITIBANK to disable 2FA on that end. I saved my work in Quicken & ran a sync, then closed Quicken. I reopened Quicken. I went to the Account listing on the left panel for my Citi-Costco account, then opened it. Look for the Gear-icon in the upper left. Select the second choice (update): I reestablished my log-in credentials> Ran the update: it worked. Moral of the story: get rid of 2FA until Quicken & the bank figure out why this doesn't work
  • joecg
    joecg Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Unfortunately, disabling 2FA did not resolve this issue for me.
  • MTGauthier
    MTGauthier Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did work around this but not sure if my solution will work for others. Similar to DannyMac above.

Quicken / Citi update worked until recently and I assumed enabling Citi 2FA was the culprit but disabling and updating in Quicken did not work. In Quicken, I deactivated all Citi accounts. On Citi site I found a link to Manage Desktop Apps and activating that created a 10m time window saying 3rd party apps can now connect. Back in Quicken, I setup online services, entered username and password and was able to connect and re-establish downloads (linking to existing accounts in Quicken.) Back in Citi site I re-enabled 2FA and confirmed that Quicken could still update (at least today :-)

I'm not sure if disabling Citi 2FA was required - it was just the steps I followed so included in hopes of helping others. I know how frustrating this stuff can be. Good luck.
  • trailtrailer
    trailtrailer Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @MTGauthier said:
    > I did work around this but not sure if my solution will work for others. Similar to DannyMac above.
    >

Tried these exact steps (and others.) Still getting Error CC-502 unable to connect, with a notice to try later. Had this issue for months.

Makes me wonder why I am paying for a Quicken subscription.
This discussion has been closed.