Biller keeps getting added back in as well as being entered as a reoccurring payment

I have a bill that is repeatedly (months) showing in bills and income, despite the fact that I delete it and all future instances. In addition, a payment keeps showing up to this person in my checking account and I have to delete it. This has been going on for months.

Comments

• Hello @David Broach,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file and then attempting to delete the biller again. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• David Broach
    David Broach Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Jasmine. I had already validated, and they came back. I was not familiar with Super Validating but I just did that. I will let you know but since the log said it did not find anything I am afraid they will. There are 3 billers that keep coming back. One actually puts an automatic payment in my checking account. Thanks again and I will post back in a day or two. It usually comes back fairly quickly.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may have deleted the Scheduled Reminder from your Quicken data file.
    But, if they "keep coming back", is it possible that you either set up a recurring bill at your bank's website or authorized the biller at the biller's website to make automatic payments? If so, you need to stop these at the bank or biller.
  • David Broach
    David Broach Member ✭✭
    Thank you UKR. I do suspect the bank, but I have looked and made sure there are no automatic payments set up. However, there were in the past but that was a long time ago and I removed those. I have checked several times just to make sure. The bank is the only other place that could be the culprit, I have not set anything like this at any biller website.
This discussion has been closed.