Can I add my bookkeeper to Quicken?

kburch
kburch Member ✭✭
Can I give my bookkeeper their own access to Quicken? If yes, then how?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the bookkeeper located? What computer  would be used? Would access to your Q data file be included ... or their own?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• kburch
    kburch Member ✭✭
    They are not in the same office as me. A different computer. They need to be able to categorize and reconcile accounts.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    YOUR accounts, that are present in your Q data file on your PC?  Or items in a completely separate Q data file?
    And you can certainly install Q on the other computer ... but which data is accessible is  the key question.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is NOT a bookkeeper access schema in Quicken.
    1) You could, provide them with a copy of your data file, let them make changes to it, give it back to you and then it is yours to work with again, but not while they have the copy, since there is no merge/sync capability of two versions of a file into one in Quicken.
    2) You could, allow them to have remote access to your computer and run your copy of Quicken and make the changes on your computer, but that would mean that you would not be able to use your computer while they were doing that.
    3) A variant of #2 would be to have a second computer that you have Quicken installed on and that both of you remotely accessed to run Quicken (not at the same time).

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not really doable on Quicken.  If you have a business you could use QuickBooks.  That  can be used by more than 1 person and on more than 1 computer.  And You can track inventory in QuickBooks.  QuickBooks is available as an Online program or a Desktop program.  You can have mutltple computers and users.   You can buy it here….

http://quickbooks.intuit.com/product/accounting-software/small-business-software.jsp 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.