Downloading Options from Investment accounts

rbridges01
rbridges01 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Investing (Windows)
Known issue:

Newer versions ...45:xx cause issues downloading stock options in all investment accounts. I trade 100+ options a week and this is a significant issue. Back reving to 44.28 resolves the issue. Quickne is aware of this issuie....when will it be resolved so that we can stay on current versions?
Tagged:

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken never announces when issues will be resolved. 

Forum Moderators sometimes review issues discussed here and refer them to Development, but if you want Quicken to work on a problem, I recommend you contact Support via phone.  Be sure the support agent understands the problem and gives you a ticket number for future reference.

If you have not already, you should also use the Help > Report a Problem menu in Quicken to submit the issue online. In your submission, be as clear and thorough as possible. Reference the ticket number and provide a link to this discussion. Provide step by step instructions to reproduce the problem. You will not get a response to an electronic submission, but they say they review and prioritize the submissions. The more reports they get, the more likely it is that they will resolve the problem promptly.

QWin Premier subscription
  • kg8bg725
    kg8bg725 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Great suggestion but how do you go back and get R44.28?
  • kg8bg725
    kg8bg725 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Appreciated your help NotACPA! Thanks
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    R44.28 can be downloaded from here:
    You'll then need to install it

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I trade 100+ options a week
    You may explode Quicken with this much trading. According to the capacity limitations page, QWin can only track up to 2,000 stocks, which I presume really means "securities" and therefore includes options.
    Do Help > Shift+About Quicken. What does it show for number of securities?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• rbridges01
    rbridges01 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Rocket J Squirrel said:
    > You may explode Quicken with this much trading. According to the capacity limitations page, QWin can only track up to 2,000 stocks, which I presume really means "securities" and therefore includes options.
    > Do Help > Shift+About Quicken. What does it show for number of securities?

I have 7874 securities
  • rbridges01
    rbridges01 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Rocket J Squirrel said:
    > You may explode Quicken with this much trading. According to the capacity limitations page, QWin can only track up to 2,000 stocks, which I presume really means "securities" and therefore includes options.
    > Do Help > Shift+About Quicken. What does it show for number of securities?

Also quicken says:Trackable stocks - Up to 2,000 total

I only track active securities...not all securities
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what do you mean by "track active securities"?
    Ones you currently hold?
    Currently held plus Watch list?
    Securities with "Download quotes" checked in the Security List?
    Securities that are not Hidden?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of the security count and Quicken’s unknown definition of “trackable stocks”, trading over 100 options per week is high activity trading.  Quicken is not deigned for that level of investing activity over the long haul. I suggest you look for a more robust tool.  I can’t recommend anything specifically. 
This discussion has been closed.