Subscription pricing

Options
I get an email (different email than my user ID) from Quicken that offers a subscription for $59.88/yr. When I login however, using my quicken the price doubles.

Why do companies punish existing customers?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Probably because they figured they have you hooked and they reduce the price to hook "new" users.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I too don't think this is right. We, regular users, are who Support Quicken and give them the proceeds to pursue new customers with discounted offers.
    According to Shark Tank, there is a Cost to retain customer's -- that is what I think Quicken (H.I.G. Capital) is trying to avoid. More money for their investment return. https://higcapital.com/portfolio/quicken/

I've been a Quicken user for 20 years and on the old model, I upgraded about every two-three years. Under the new subscription model, I have no choice but to 'upgrade' annually.
    At the least, Quicken could offer reduced pricing for two or three year plans? For example a Three year plan would cost the equivalent of two years? or maybe of 2 1/2 years? some savings for us dedicated users?
  • rustbuckets4
    rustbuckets4 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am in the same boat. For the past 4 years I seen almost a $10.00 increase. This increase is painful, but what is a guy sup-post to do? I love to product, but hate that fee that is paid. I would like to see Quicken do something for us loyal customers that keep coming back. Almost feels like were getting screwed in one way.
This discussion has been closed.