Investment Update Quotes Dialogue Box Not displaying

Steve B Blue
Steve B Blue Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Investing (Windows)
Why is the dialogue box not displaying? I DID NOT select "do not show again".

Is this a bug? I tried to reset alerts and notifications in Edit/Preferences but that did not work.

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What dialog box are you referring to?  Do mean when you hit the Update button at the top of the Investing tab and select Quotes?  There is no dialog box, it just updates your quotes.  There is a dialog if you select Historical Prices or One Step Update.
  • Steve B Blue
    Steve B Blue Member ✭✭
    yes when I hit update. there has always been a dialog box for history and one step update. I have always just clicked on update and it went right to a dialog box. Now I click on Update and it runs in the background and updates the quotes. I may see the cursor "spin".
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The release notes for QWin R45.13 say that an Update quotes status dialog introduced earlier in R45 was removed due to customer feedback. Apparently it was a progress bar or something.

See this discussion
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7923995/update-quotes-status-dialog-splash-screen
    and this Idea
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7924300/make-this-an-option-removed-the-update-quotes-status-dialog-in-r45

QWin Premier subscription
  • Steve B Blue
    Steve B Blue Member ✭✭
    I guess I wasn't one of those "customer feedback" user. I liked it! A Progress Bar was a good thing as it tells me that I am connected and updated. Democracy in action, I suppose.
  • fanfare
    fanfare Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2022
    The update progress bar was "old style" not consistent with the new Quicken GUI "flat" style
  • Steve B Blue
    Steve B Blue Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the update. I guess I need to adjust to the "flat" style.

Mr Windows Beta Member.... Here is why I like it the old way. The Update Quotes is NOT consistent. It fails about 1/3 of the time. Fail = not connecting to the quote service. The old progress bar will tell you that right away.

Please help improve the consistency and timeliness of the quote update and I will be much happier.
  • fanfare
    fanfare Member, Windows Beta Beta
    you said the progress bar was missing and I offered a reason why.
    I said nothing about Beta.
    If there are bugs in your official release version , you can report them.

Sincerely,
  • Steve B Blue
    Steve B Blue Member ✭✭
    your id is Member, Windows Beta Beta"....
  • Steve B Blue
    Steve B Blue Member ✭✭
    "Member, Windows Beta Beta"
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    The release notes for QWin R45.13 say that an Update quotes status dialog introduced earlier in R45 was removed due to customer feedback. Apparently it was a progress bar or something. 
    That transient dialog with the progress bar has always been there. I still see it in R48 R44.28. I see no reason it should be removed.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Steve B Blue
    Steve B Blue Member ✭✭
    yes, that's the one I am referring to. I am on the Quicken Subscription (R45.13 Build 271.45.13). Sounds like R48 is newer than my subscription?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Rocket J Squirrel, now I remember that dialog. I agree there should have been no reason to remove it. Maybe the Stop update button caused problems? Or maybe they tried to introduce a new style one and it didn't work right? 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, thanks @Rocket J Squirrel , I thought the OP was looking for a dialog to select options.  I actually forgot about that status dialog.  I agree it never should have been removed
  • Steve B Blue
    Steve B Blue Member ✭✭
    I vote to bring it back. What is the process to initiate that, if possible?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited December 2022
    That transient dialog with the progress bar has always been there. I still see it in R 48. I see no reason it should be removed.
    yes, that's the one I am referring to. I am on the Quicken Subscription (R45.13 Build 271.45.13). Sounds like R48 is newer than my subscription?
    Sorry, "R48" was a typo. I meant R44.28, which I'm running due to all the bugs in R45.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    I vote to bring it back. What is the process to initiate that, if possible?
    You can vote here:

This discussion has been closed.