E-Trade transaction download stopped including number of shares

Options
DL#
DL# Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Investing (Windows)
Since the last program update, the downloads from E-Trade do not include the number of shares in each transaction, only the price each, commission, and total. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there anything I should do to correct this?

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @DL#

Yes, some other users have seen this issue.  If you are currently running Version 45.7, I suggest that you roll-back to the prior version 44.28.  Here's a link to that version (which was also released this month) along with some instructions.
     https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.44.28MPatch.EXE?_ics=1668880738587&irclickid=~fe79Z649572XY5X2459d6XY36Y459cb5-ebgh9~21VNMKFzvojf8 

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @DL#

Yes, you can change your UAC (user account controls) in Windows.  If you set those to "Always Notify" this will give you the option of approving, or not approving, those software updates.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @DL#

Yes, some other users have seen this issue.  If you are currently running Version 45.7, I suggest that you roll-back to the prior version 44.28.  Here's a link to that version (which was also released this month) along with some instructions.
     https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.44.28MPatch.EXE?_ics=1668880738587&irclickid=~fe79Z649572XY5X2459d6XY36Y459cb5-ebgh9~21VNMKFzvojf8 

Frankx

• DL#
    DL# Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Frankx Thanks for the reply. I'm actually running R45.11 build 27.1.45.11 but the roll back is likely needed the same anyway. Will try as you suggested.
  • DL#
    DL# Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Frankx - update appears to have completed successfully, hopefully that fixes the issue. But can't actually test until I have new trades to download. Maybe someone will gift me some crypto they paid 10's of K for so I can buy a penny stock to test :D
  • jldavid47
    jldavid47 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    DL# said:
    Since the last program update, the downloads from E-Trade do not include the number of shares in each transaction, only the price each, commission, and total. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there anything I should do to correct this?
    I'm having the same problem with downloaded transactions with Schwab since 45.7. The problem persists in 45.11. One additional piece of information. So far, for me it is only options transactions that have this problem.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @jldavid47

I suggest that you review my post above and (for now at least) go back to version 44.28, for the time being.

Frankx

• Eman
    Eman Member ✭✭
    Options
    Windows 45.11 has problems with TD Ameritrade too. Missing shares, cost, and totals. Manually fixed transactions and Q support said i had a corrupt copy and reinstalled it. do think that is a good fix with other problem posts with the same problem.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Eman,

A "corrupt copy" of what, exactly?  Your current datafile, or the application currently located on the Quicken servers, or something else??? 

And what did Q support reinstall?

Frankx

• DL#
    DL# Member ✭✭
    Options
    @jldavid47 yes it was options transactions that were incomplete in the ETrade download as well. Straight stock/etf buy/sell worked fine.
    Still waiting though for a volunteer to give me their worthless crypto so I can buy a call on something cheap to test....
  • DL#
    DL# Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Frankx - follow up... todays transaction download worked perfectly, thanks again
  • DL#
    DL# Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Frankx - the roll back worked until the software auto updated today. Is there any way to disable the auto updates/upgrades? I haven't been able to find it if so
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @DL#

Yes, you can change your UAC (user account controls) in Windows.  If you set those to "Always Notify" this will give you the option of approving, or not approving, those software updates.

Frankx

• ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Frankx said:
    Hi @DL#

Frankx

I am running version 45.11 and would like to roll back to version 44.28. I'm not sure how to do that. I tried this link but received an error message. Are there instructions posted somewhere for the rollback? 
  • weruweru
    weruweru Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue... is a fix version on the works?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @ciarmer,

I just tried the above link and it is still working - but, what it does is to download the "patch" executable file (i.e. - the Quicken version 44.28 application) that you then need to install (by double-clicking it).

Frankx

• Hadit
    Hadit Member ✭✭
    Options
    Having same or similar issue with TD Ameritrade where the shares and the share price are not downloading on options transactions. Discovered a week ago and have had to go in and manually correct every trade since mid November. Good thing I keep good records in a database outside of Quicken or it would have been much worse than the nightmare it already is.
    I've been a quicken user since the early 1990's and I've had many issues over the years with something suddenly crashing or otherwise not working and have never found the company to be very transparent about such issues or found tech support to be very helpful and quite often I get the feeling that I know more about the issue than they do and I can't recall a single instance of my issue being resolved over the phone. I no longer bother to call. When Quicken split from Intuit I was hopeful it would improve but it seems worse than ever. The cost of using Quicken had risen exponentially over the years, but not the reliability. I know of no other software program that I have as much trouble with things 'breaking' so often and for no apparent reason (I think every long time user knows what I'm talking about) or that needs "updates" with the frequency that Quicken does. I wish they would get everything working as it should and then leave it alone! Better yet I wish someone would give them some real competition and publish a product that effectively manages bank accounts with direct connect bill pay, credit card/loans, asset, and liability accounts along with reporting functions and the ability to manage and track brokerage accounts for a comprehensive range of investment types including options and currencies. I know there are some competitors that do some of these things but I've never found one product that does it all and does it well.
  • kenkhangura
    kenkhangura Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Options
    The solution from ciarmer worked for me. I was having issues with etrade and interactive brokers. I am hoping, QUicken will address the issue in the next patch. I thank for the temporary solution.Ken
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hi @Hadit

I am sorry to hear that you, too, are having these recent problems with Quicken.  As I have noted above, the short-term solution is to roll-back your Quicken version to 44.28.  I have suggested this to a number of other users and they all have been able to fix their downloading issues simply by reverting to version 44.28

I suggest that you take the following steps to fix your problem:

1) Backup your Quicken datafile;
    2) Close out of Quicken; then copy the Link below and paste it into your browser 

3) This will start the download of Quicken version 44.28 to your computer.
    4) Once the download of has completed - locate it (likely in your Downloads file). The filename is "QW27.1.44.28MPatch";
    5) Double click on it to install the download and once completed, restart Quicken.

Let me know if you have any followups and/or tell me how that all went.

Frankx

• bobandsherry82
    bobandsherry82 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The solution from ciarmer worked for me. I was having issues with etrade and interactive brokers. I am hoping, QUicken will address the issue in the next patch. I thank for the temporary solution.Ken
    Not really a "solution", but a work around.  A "solution" resolves the problem now and going forward.  So would really like Quicken to resolve this problem.  It's happening on ETrade and Fidelity for me.  Not the kind of "Premier" support I expect.  
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @bobandsherry82

I specifically used the phrase "short-term solution" - which, as you know, is different from a "solution" or a "final solution".  That short term solution allows you to continue to use Quicken - including downloading data, reconciling accounts, etc., etc. - and avoid the current "problem" until Quicken fixes it in another release. 

Clearly we all expect that Quicken will resolve this problem.

Frankx

• Joe Klevorn
    Joe Klevorn Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Frankx - The rollback worked for me too. Option short sell and short cover transactions were not including the share count field. Interestingly, after rolling back, some downloaded but unaccepted option transactions were corrected just by rolling back to the previous Quicken version. They were downloaded correctly but not processed and displayed correctly by the new Quicken version. Thanks for your post.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hi again @Joe Klevorn,

Thanks for reporting back to us.  And the information on "unaccepted transactions" now displaying the missing data is very interesting. I think many other users have either downloaded and manually adjusted those types of transactions or deleted the downloads before they saw the posts on rolling back the version.

Very helpful.

Frankx

• Barry Demchak
    Options
    I'm afraid I have to echo HadIt's Nov29 comment ... to the letter. Very unacceptable, and I'd be willing to pay a support fee for *avoiding* updates. I suppose I just need to reject future updates, and I'll definitely do that as long as I can. I hope Quicken is listening.
  • Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭
    Options
    When is Quicken going to fix this??
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Rob based on my experience, it will take a very long time, if ever, for these investment downloads to begin working again (it's not just ETrade, also Fidelity and TIAA, at least for me)
  • QuickenDave32983
    Options
    Also having the same issue and hoping that we will get an update soon that fixes this issue.
  • Hadit
    Hadit Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you @Frankx for your 12/3 reply. I had already executed the rollback to 44.28 as you had recommended to others and it does work just fine. What doesn't work for me so well is here we are about a month after this problem mysteriously appeared and still no fix or even so much as acknowledgment of the issue. Yesterday I updated to 45.13 to see if the # of shares or Share Price issues had been fixed even though there is nothing about them in the release notes. This morning's download confirmed the issue is still not addressed, so again I roll back to 44.28. The issue itself is one thing but the real Quicken fail is that it is just so common is that such problems are not addressed and fixed in an expeditious manner or even reported to users as being known and dealt with, we have no idea whether this is being worked on or when a fix should be expected.
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @hadit Completely agree... just an acknowledgement by Quicken would be so beneficial to my sanity
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options
    Hi All and @DL#,

I am sorry that you have been experiencing this issue and thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have reported this issue along to the appropriate department to be looked into. If you have not already, please go to HELP> Submit a Problem in Quicken and submit your information, any screen shots of what you are seeing and details of the issue there as that would be helpful. 

Thanks! 

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.