Missing Functions

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Mac Ventura Update.

Comments

• husker99
    husker99 Member
    Options
    I recently update my IOS to Ventura 13.0.1. Many programs on my computer have had little issues since. With my Quicken, which is up to date, I am missing the ability to perform several functions. The reconcile button on the bottom right, as well as the settings button, are not highlighted to be able to use. Under the Accounts tab at the top only 4 of the 12 options are highlighted and the reconcile option again, is not one of these. Restarting my computer has not helped. I was able to enter my data without issue but cannot reconcile my account.
    Thanks for any help that you can provide.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    husker99 said:
    I recently update my IOS to Ventura 13.0.1. Many programs on my computer have had little issues since. With my Quicken, which is up to date, I am missing the ability to perform several functions. The reconcile button on the bottom right, as well as the settings button, are not highlighted to be able to use. Under the Accounts tab at the top only 4 of the 12 options are highlighted and the reconcile option again, is not one of these. Restarting my computer has not helped. I was able to enter my data without issue but cannot reconcile my account.
    Thanks for any help that you can provide.
    Hello @husker99,  

I am sorry to hear about these issues with the Reconcile feature. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

Have you tried restoring from a recent backup? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file. 

Let us know about how this worked for you, if have the opportunity to check back in with us about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @husker99 I would respectfully suggest you look at something else before restoring to restoring a backup as suggested by @Quicken Jared above. 

What you describe is exactly what you would see if you have clicked in the left sidebar on an account group (e.g. Cash, Savings, Credit Card, Banking, etc.) instead of a single, individual account. Even if an account group only contains a single account, you must click on the account name, not the group name, for Reconcile to be available. 

If you see an account group, such as Cash or Credit card and there are no accounts listed underneath it, your account group is "collapsed." Hover over the account group name and you'll see a ">" icon to the left of the group name; click that icon, and it will change to a "v" icon and display the accounts in that group. Now click on one of the accounts, and you should see the reconcile button is no longer gray and the options in the Accounts menu are all black. Let us know if that gets you back in operation. ;) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.