Uncategorized Transactions on Spending tab

Options
The spending tab indicates that I have two uncategorized transactions yet when I click on the button the list is empty. It doesn't indicate an account, amount, nothing. This suddenly started happening after an update about a month ago.

Comments

• gbwineman
    gbwineman Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm recently having the same problem with Uncategorized transactions. It says I have two of them, but nothing shows up. It's something the happened over the last few weeks. Been trying to figure it out. No luck!
  • z3razerviper
    z3razerviper Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I am having the same issue they are coming from the paychecks. If you hover over a paycheck line item you will see them.
  • mbrown0812
    mbrown0812 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    It's possible that it may be coming from the 'Employer Match' on my 401(k). My employer does not have a match yet I can not remove that line. I have to enter '0' for the employer match. It's difficult to tell if this is the culprit, as the supposed 'transaction' that the button takes you to does not exist.
  • z3razerviper
    z3razerviper Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the same thing but when I hovered over the transaction that did not seem to be the case
  • antonepc
    antonepc Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. It's been happening for the last two months and appears to be an issue with paycheck entries. I was on with tech support for another issue and brought this up while he had access to my screen, but he couldn't solve it either. So, he elevated it and said to just keep checking here to see if it's been resolved.
  • Stephen Carter
    Options
    I am having the same problem.
  • mbrown0812
    mbrown0812 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been able to verify that (at least in my case) it is indeed coming from my paycheck transaction. I verified that Quicken showed two 'uncategorized transactions' prior to posting the paycheck deposit. After entering the deposit, I now have 3 uncategorized transactions. I am guessing that it's coming from the '0' dollar employer match but since the link takes me to a non-existent transaction, I am unable to fix.
  • Stephen Carter
    Options
    Same problem. Most definitely the bug is in the paycheck reporting system. I have exactly 5 uncategorized transactions that cannot be resolved, and they correspond exactly to my last 5 paychecks. Last "good" paycheck was 11/3/2022. The 5 (weekly) since then (11/10; 11/17; 11/24; 12/1; & 12/8) all show "uncategorized 0.00" in the mini report.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• z3razerviper
    z3razerviper Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Jasmin how do we get a status update on this then
  • z3razerviper
    z3razerviper Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This is still happening any update on the issue? Support was no help at all.
  • sailerph2
    sailerph2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    there is a zero amount within a split transaction somewhere
  • HDWanderer
    HDWanderer Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Having the same issue. Started about a month or so ago after an update.
    [Removed - 3rd-Party Software]
  • salsamouth
    Options
    I think I may have found what is going on, at least for my case. The "blank uncategorized transactions" always seemed to be associated with paychecks, and the problem started around October or November 2022. On the "Home" tab, I am usually on "Main View", but this time, I went to "Dashboard". Here, under "Uncategorized Transactions" I found the paycheck transactions that were not showing up from the "Main View". Now that I could actually see these transactions, I opened up the Split view. Sure enough, all the split transactions had a category, except for one, which had to do with 401k employer matching amount. I manually assigned the category "_401EmployerContrib" (which is a hidden category) to this transaction, saved it, and BOOM. No more mystery uncategorized transaction,
  • ashvinamin
    ashvinamin Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also having the similar issue "Blank Transaction' since last 2 weeks. It always shows current date. There is nothing I can do to edit/delete. I would love to hear an update from Quicken support. May be it will be fixed in next Quicken update.
  • TheDoors7821
    Options
    @Salsamouth - you solved it for me! My solution was slightly different but I found the issue exactly the way you described. My paycheck that month had a $0.00 entry for my HSA but no category assigned. It wouldn't let me assign a category and save it because it was a zero dollar item so I just entered $0.01 and saved it and now the "uncategorized transaction" went away. If I remove the $0.01 it then goes back to "uncategorized transaction" so there is definitely a problem with Quicken that still needs to be resolved.
  • bhazelton
    Options
    I think I am having a similar problem, except that my _401EmployerContrib line on my paycheck is not zero but it is still being assigned as Uncategorized. When I go in and manually set it to "_401EmployerContrib" it appears to work, but then when I click on the transaction again it is back to being uncategorized. This started last month, before that there was no problem.
  • z3razerviper
    z3razerviper Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    thank you @salsamouth quicken really does need to fix this but at least this workaround exists.
  • GWU1998
    GWU1998 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is quite frustrating. I found an Uncategorized line on my report for several Paycheck type transactions (the Deposit Amount was reported as uncategorized) and I have not found a way to fix these entries.
  • GWU1998
    GWU1998 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @salsamouth said:
    > I think I may have found what is going on, at least for my case. The "blank uncategorized transactions" always seemed to be associated with paychecks, and the problem started around October or November 2022. On the "Home" tab, I am usually on "Main View", but this time, I went to "Dashboard". Here, under "Uncategorized Transactions" I found the paycheck transactions that were not showing up from the "Main View". Now that I could actually see these transactions, I opened up the Split view. Sure enough, all the split transactions had a category, except for one, which had to do with 401k employer matching amount. I manually assigned the category "_401EmployerContrib" (which is a hidden category) to this transaction, saved it, and BOOM. No more mystery uncategorized transaction,

Where is "Home tab" and "main view" and "Dashboard?" I'm looking at an Income/Expense Comparison Report, when I realized last year's line items are counting ghost income in my paycheck, raising that figure above what it actually was.
  • GWU1998
    GWU1998 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @salsamouth said:
    > I think I may have found what is going on, at least for my case. The "blank uncategorized transactions" always seemed to be associated with paychecks, and the problem started around October or November 2022. On the "Home" tab, I am usually on "Main View", but this time, I went to "Dashboard". Here, under "Uncategorized Transactions" I found the paycheck transactions that were not showing up from the "Main View". Now that I could actually see these transactions, I opened up the Split view. Sure enough, all the split transactions had a category, except for one, which had to do with 401k employer matching amount. I manually assigned the category "_401EmployerContrib" (which is a hidden category) to this transaction, saved it, and BOOM. No more mystery uncategorized transaction,

THE DASHBOARD VIEW IS VERY HELPFUL TO FIND THESE SPLIT-LINE TRANSACTIONS SEPARATED OUT FROM EACH PAYCHECK. AND I THINK THIS MAY WORK... I CHANGED THE NAME OF THE PRE-TAX DEDUCTION (NOT THE CATEGORY/ACCOUNT) BY ADDING A SUFFIX TO THE LINE. THE UNCATEGORIZED TRANSACTIONS BALANCE IS DECREASING WITH EACH MODIFICATION.
  • M Bas
    M Bas Member
    Options
    I, too, had an issue with uncategorized on my paycheck entry. Your post led me to an uncategorized line item that Quicken seemed to add regarding employer contributions so I also added the hidden category and that solved this issue. THanks for posting. Most helpful.
  • z3razerviper
    z3razerviper Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@M Bas Did you find a way to permantly solve the issue or do you have to edit it everytime?

This discussion has been closed.