Too many unindentified security code's why?

raf49er
raf49er Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I'm having to manually update unindentified security codes (too many lately).

Best Answer

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    raf49er said: I'm having to manually update unindentified security codes (too many lately).
    huh - more clarification or details would help...
    What version .... Help --> About Quicken
    Are these being created during One Step Update - when, where, or how are they being created ?
    Are the rest all ok - as displayed in the Quicken --> Tools --> Security List

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• raf49er
    When updating investments thru Pershing (BNY Melon) Quicken comes back with Unindentified security which forces me to look up the transaction to find the ticker symbol. Then I edit the transaction with the correct ticker sysbol. Having to lookup ticker symbol (stock codes) should be an automatic thru Quicken. Why?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    raf49er said:  (BNY Melon) Quicken comes back with Unindentified security which forces me to look up the transaction to find the ticker symbol.
    0 - What version .... Help --> About Quicken
    1 - What are some of the ticker symbols .... what kind of securities are these ?
    2 - Public traded ?
    3 - What is displayed in the Quicken --> Tools --> Security List

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• raf49er
    R45.13 - BA, BAC, NFLX, etc - all public traded. Security list shows list bond & stock (EFT) 165 entries
  • raf49er
    One step updates is used 99% of the time unless I get a unindentified security
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your ETF's should be classified as Mutual Funds ... and neither STOCK nor "Market Index".

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not at all clear on when and where you are seeing these "Unidentified Security" labels.  Can you be more specific?  Is it while downloading transactions?  While transactions are being accepted?  In comparing brokerage and Quicken holdings? 

Are the securities you mentioned "Matched with Online Security"?  See Security Details. 

Is this a new pattern with Release 45.xx?  Or has it been ongoing for more than 1-2 months?   
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2022
    As @q_lurker mentions, the unidentified security is most likely one of your existing securities that has the "Matched with online security" box checked (and the link has been corrupted). The simple fix is to uncheck the box and next time you download, Quicken will ask you to match it (that will reset the linking). If you do it, that should fix the problem.

• raf49er
    Thank you for your suggestions - I will take some of the advice.
This discussion has been closed.