Unable to connect account, Scott & White Employees Credit Union

mlhill527
mlhill527 Member ✭✭
In late October 2022, I started receiving an error for my Scott & White Employees Credit Union (SWECU) account the error was: url/host not found. I received that that error for about four weeks. I submitted the error reports, but nothing changed.

I decided to disconnect the account, then reconnect it, but received the same error.

About two weeks ago, I started receiving a new error when trying to connect the account, the new error is: Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers

I can login to the credit Union website with no problems

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    mlhill527 said:
    In late October 2022, I started receiving an error for my Scott & White Employees Credit Union (SWECU) account the error was: url/host not found. I received that that error for about four weeks. I submitted the error reports, but nothing changed.

I decided to disconnect the account, then reconnect it, but received the same error.

About two weeks ago, I started receiving a new error when trying to connect the account, the new error is: Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers

I can login to the credit Union website with no problems
    Hello @mlhill527,       

I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for discussing this here on the Quicken Community. 

Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location
    6. Click Next
    7. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    8. Click Next 

You may then add your Scott & White-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by clicking on the Add Account '+' symbol in the upper left-hand side of the screen, then choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • mlhill527
    mlhill527 Member ✭✭
    Attached are screen shots of the error messages.

One is attempting to connect the existing account. (Prior to October 26, 2022 this account updated properly.)

The other screen capture is the error I receive when attempting to create the "new" test account.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The error code FDP-163 and message "invalid Wareki year" indicates that the bank has made a security change without communicating it to Intuit as the third party aggregator and download service provider.
    AFAIK,
    • It is the bank's  contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit, of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and detail any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's office of the president.
    • You need to also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  during posted hours of operation and report this as an Online Banking issue, so that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc. Just sending in problem report after report does not get the ball rolling.  Ultimately, however, the bank must initiate the call and work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    mlhill527 said:
    Attached are screen shots of the error messages.

One is attempting to connect the existing account. (Prior to October 26, 2022 this account updated properly.)

The other screen capture is the error I receive when attempting to create the "new" test account.
    Hello @mlhill527,      

I do apologize about this FDP-163 error message. Thanks for getting back to me with more information about this, and for the helpful screenshots. 

Given this error code and the connection method involved, it will be necessary to speak with Quicken Support about what's happening. I recommend using the information provided in this link do so. They will have some specific tools and resources that will be needed in order to document or diagnose this issue further. I wish we could provide further assistance, but this represents the best path forward, given the circumstances.

I hope that this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.