Reconcile misses transactions on the end date of the period being reconciled

scarfinv
scarfinv Member ✭✭
There are number of transactions that Reconcile doesnt put in the transaction list even though their date is the same as the last date in the period being reconciled. There are some specific ones that get missed every month, and they are ones I have Quicken automatically enter. The work around is to create a new transaction by copying and pasting the transaction that doesn't show in the list. The new transaction shows, I reconcile it, and then go back and delete the old one. This only started happening sometime in the last 6 months or so.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double check that you're not using the 30th for a month that has 31 days.  I've made that mistake often.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• scarfinv
    scarfinv Member ✭✭
    Nope, using the 21st. And, it doesn't miss all the transactions, only some. This is a new issue within the last few months.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    When the transaction is downloaded, it uses the posting date for the reconcile.  Turn on the Downloaded Posting date and make sure it really is in the reconcile period.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • scarfinv
    scarfinv Member ✭✭
    I will check the posting dates at my next reconciliation on the 21st. The odd thing is that this only started being an issue recently. I can create a new transaction by copying and pasting the problem transaction, and Reconcile finds that transaction with no issue.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    scarfinv said:
    I will check the posting dates at my next reconciliation on the 21st. The odd thing is that this only started being an issue recently. I can create a new transaction by copying and pasting the problem transaction, and Reconcile finds that transaction with no issue.
    Copy and paste creates a new transaction that doesn’t have the downloaded posting date in it, and as such Quicken uses the entered date in the transaction for the reconcile.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • in my register i mark a "c" on all transactions that has cleared the bank but when i push reconcile not all the transactions i marked show up on the reconcile page.Why?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As has been explained, it's the dates that matter ... NOT the CLR status.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• scarfinv
    scarfinv Member ✭✭
    Now that a month has passed, I am ready to reconcile my accounts as of December 21. My bank statement from RBC is dated December 21, and includes my fees with a date of December 21. However, the posting date on those fees is actually December 22. Therefore, Quicken does not pick up those transactions when I try to reconcile to the Statement as of December 21.

Looking at past transactions, the posting date has been one day later than the Statement Date since April, 2022. However, the Quicken reconciliation DID work for April and May. From June on I have had to copy and paste the transactions (which removes the posting date) to get the Reconciliation to my Bank statement to work properly.

So it seems that something may have changed at both ends, RBC in April, and Quicken in June, that caused this process to thoroughly break.
  • TWRAZ
    TWRAZ Member
    Yes, this is really annoying. Transactions that my bank dates as 1/31 are given 2/1 dates on download which Quicken then ignores when reconciling. I have to duplicate the transactions, change their dates and clear them, then delete the original downloaded versions. This problem started a few months ago. Something changed and needs to be fixed.
This discussion has been closed.