Weird problem I don't understand

TTSguy
TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
Take a look at attach pic. Why is there a a red dot with x in it in status column with an X in it on Quicken file line?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't understand.  Why is that  problem?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just curious what it means, represents, or is telling me
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A red circle with a white cross means that a file or folder cannot be synced. You'll see this in File Explorer or on the OneDrive notification area icons.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Do you keep your Quicken data file there?
    That is considered a "no no".

If you have Quicken open and the data file is in a folder synced by OneDrive the lock on it will prevent OneDrive from syncing it.  And yeah, the default folder Quicken uses is Documents\Quicken, but when you automatically backup you Documents folder to OneDrive that changes the path to your Documents.
    None expanded path:

Click on it and it expands to:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how this all started, but I think that One Drive filled up, now wanting more money for more space, that I won't pay for. I hate One Drive , constantly getting pop ups to buy more cloud space. I just want to delete it, it's a pain in the a**! I don 't know how to just get rid io it though. It's just a mess! I have never used One Drive for restoring any information, so what purpose does it serve? How do I go about fixing this @Chris_QPW? I need to not use One Drive for Quicken, but how do I reverse that issue?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    TTSguy said:
    I'm not sure how this all started, but I think that One Drive filled up, now wanting more money for more space, that I won't pay for. I hate One Drive , constantly getting pop ups to buy more cloud space. I just want to delete it, it's a pain in the a**! I don 't know how to just get rid io it though. It's just a mess! I have never used One Drive for restoring any information, so what purpose does it serve? How do I go about fixing this @Chris_QPW? I need to not use One Drive for Quicken, but how do I reverse that issue?
    Well, to start turn off backing up your Documents, Desktop, and Pictures.
    You should see this icon in the system task bar:

Click on it and then the gear icon and then Settings.
    That brings up this dialog:

Select the Backup tab and then Manage backup.
    Select Stop backup for each of the Desktop, Documents, and Pictures, and then select Got it.
    Select Settings tab and deselect Start OneDrive automatically when I sign into Windows, Select OK.
    Right click the icon in the system task, and select the gear icon and then Quit OneDrive.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.