Dividend income not working correctly

After entering dividend income transaction, it does not transfer to contribution account.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What release number of Quicken are you running.  If you just updated the program the issue may be related to the specific release.
    I'm not understanding exactly what the problem is.  It appears that you're entering a dividend manually and instead of having the dividend cash settle in the Account where you're making the entry, you want it to show up in some other Account in your file?  This, typically, would be accomplished by a DivX action for the entry.  Is that the action you're using?  (I'm not sure what "contribution account" refers to.  It seems like a contribution account would have cash flowing out of it, not into it.)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @volkswalker Agree with @Tom Young.  What you're asking isn't clear.
    What's a "contribution account"?  What type of account is is (checking, credit, etc.)? How does it differ from other checking/etc accounts?
    How are you inputting that dividend?  Manually?  Via Download?  Into what account?  As a dividend, it should be going into an Investment type account.  Is that where it's being recorded?
    What do you expect to happen?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• I'm running Version R45.13, Build 27.1.45.13, Windows 11 Home
    I am manually entering a cash dividend as Income (Div, Int, etc.) in my IRA account. It used to transfer automatically into my connected Transfer Account. It no longer transfers. On that entry page the Transfer Account is still listed but it is greyed out.
  • Tom Young
    edited December 2022
    "It used to transfer automatically into my connected Transfer Account."
    So it appears that the Account receiving the cash was "linked" to the Investment Account?"  Under the General tab of "Account Details" is the "Show cash in a checking account" still marked as "Yes?"
  • Here is the General tab for account details of the account where the dividend is added (but is not transferred to the cash account as before. I can't find: "Show cash in a checking account."
  • Tom Young
    Well, this is a puzzler. 
    You say that you're manually entering a dividend.  I have to assume that you're clicking on the Enter Transactions button in the Account, selecting "Inc - Income (Div, Int, etc.)" from the drop down list of actions, entering a security name and dollar amount, and then clicking on "Enter/Done."  The only way I can think of to have that sequence "automatically" move the money to a different Account would be to have that "show cash" option selected. 
    That show cash option isn't available currently for tax deferred Accounts, but I have read that people that had an IRA account with a linked account in Microsoft Money and then converted to Quicken had that linkage carried over.  Did you convert this account from Microsoft Money to Quicken?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except for accounts originally created in MS Money and converted to Q ... "Show Cash in a Checking account" isn't allowed for Retirement type accounts.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Yes, the account was converted from Microsoft Money. This feature worked for years until just recently. Any suggestions as to what I can do now?
This discussion has been closed.