Quicken 6.10.3 Deluxe Canada running with Ventura OS 13.0.1

Gilles Pétrin
Gilles Pétrin Member ✭✭
Good morning,
Quick question: I have reinstalled Quicken from my old laptop to my new iMac M2, and restored the file. Everything went smooth but when I shut down Quicken and reopen it, Quicken takes me to the new user screen instead of opening the last file backed up. Can't find the solution.
Many thanks

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Gilles Pétrin,

Thanks for providing more information. 

This usually occurs when the file has been deleted, I suggest checking your Trash folder to see if the Quicken file is there. 

Please let me know if you find it!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Hello @Gilles Pétrin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

You should be able to navigate to File > Open Recent and find your current data file there. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Thanks for your quick answer, I have tried it and for some reason it said the file doesn't exist, even if it see it under file in Quicken. I thought that there must be somewhere a box to check or something like that to indicate to Quicken to reopen the last file used. 🤔
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Gilles Pétrin,

Thanks for providing more information. 

This usually occurs when the file has been deleted, I suggest checking your Trash folder to see if the Quicken file is there. 

Please let me know if you find it!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Jasmine, i see Quicken files in the thrash folder but I never deleted them. I just close my Quicken software like I used to do for years. They seem to go there automatically....possible?
  • Hello @Gilles Pétrin,

There is no way to confirm for sure how they ended up in your trash folder. However, you should be able to restore the files simply by dragging them out of the trash bin. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Thanksfor your time.
  • Hello @Gilles Pétrin,

You are very welcome!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.