After R45.7/.11/.13 Upgrade - Securities Comparison Mismatch (Multiple FIs) [Edited]

Answers

• snydermws
    snydermws Member ✭✭
    Same issue here with Fidelity downloads. Let's hope they fix it soon.
  • RBala
    RBala Member
    The error message showing the balance discrepancy pops up in quicken after the update has been downloaded by quicken from fidelity for this account. But when I click on holdings in quicken, or check my positions online at fidelity, the share balances show the correct balances.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @RBala

I believe you are experiencing the same issue as many other users have been seeing recently.  It has to do with the version of Quicken that you are currently running.  In order to fix this, I suggest that you revert to a prior version - R44.28 -  by following these steps:

1) Backup your Quicken datafile;
    2) Close out of Quicken; then copy the Link below and paste it into your browser

https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.44.28MPatch.EXE?_ics=1668880738587&irclickid=~fe79Z649572XY5X2459d6XY36Y459cb5-ebgh9~21VNMKFzvojf8

3) This will start the download of Quicken version 44.28 to your computer.
    4) Once the download of has completed - locate it (likely in your Downloads file). The filename is "QW27.1.44.28MPatch";
    5) Double click on it to install the download and once completed, restart Quicken.

Let me know if you have any followups and/or tell me how that all went.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• > @psc said:
    > I am having same problem with R45.13 too. Curiously, the amount of shares reported for the mismatched stock is the same exact quantity (to the third decimal point) of a mutual fund holding. That can't be a coincidence. The symbols aren't remotely similar.

Exact same problem. The mismatch is the exact quantity of a mutual fund holding.
  • Stuart Boyle
    Stuart Boyle Member ✭✭✭
    About 3 or 4 weeks ago, TIAA all of a sudden started reporting -0- shares held which obviously created a reconciling difference with my Quicken account.  Going directly to their website I have confirmed the share count matches Quicken.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stuart Boyle if you go to Tools > Online Center and select the TIAA account and the Balances tab, do the correct holdings show up, or are they also zero there?

I am able to review my TIAA balances in the Online Center.

QWin Premier subscription
  • UshiLeigh
    UshiLeigh Member ✭✭
    Hi all. Spoke with Quicken today, no update on when a fix will be implemented. I am using the R45.13 version and have move my investment setting to SIMPLE Investing. My TIAA retirement accounts now update with the correct holdings and the correct number of shares. I played around and switched my accounts back to COMPLETE Investing and ran an update. Again, under complete investing Quicken indicated Zero Shares reported by TIAA. I then switched back to SIMPLE Investing and ran several updates. My data again match what TIAA was reporting. The SIMPLE method gives you a "Dashboard to view your TIAA investments, which I found helpful. All my TIAA retirement accounts reported correctly in Quicken.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is by now a well-known bug in QWin R45.
    Please follow the instructions above to roll back to R44.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jgackson
    jgackson Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Problem persists in 45.13 at least for all my TIAA accounts (my share balance agrees with what TIAA shows on its website, but Mismatch screen on download shows 0 shares reported by TIAA). When I retrograde to 44.28 (and change nothing else) the "downloaded from TIAA" balances are now correct, and there's no Mismatch except for TIAA Traditional, which always (and correctly) shows minor mismatches because of how that security's gains are credited at TIAA.
  • Jim_Harman
    @jgackson if you go to Tools > Online Center and select the TIAA account and the Balances tab, do the correct holdings show up, or are they also zero there?

I am able to review my TIAA balances in the Online Center.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jgackson.
    Do yourself a favor - as well as the rest of us - complain to Quicken, Inc.  Maybe that will help to get this matter corrected.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Joe12
    Joe12 Member ✭✭✭
    I too have this issue with Fidelity. Shares recorded in quicken match what is posted on my statement, but quicken gives the screen that says Security Comparison Mismatch and there are some securities that report a mismatch. Is the only solution to roll back to R44? Would I then stay on R44 until quicken reports a solve? I tried also to "report a problem" but that function will not work for some reason... Quicken is so quirky/buggy...getting tired of it, and i have been a user for many years.
  • Jim_Harman
    @joe12,

That's right, you should stay on R44 and refuse updates that the program tries to push to you until you see on this forum that the problem has been resolved.

Please also contact Quicken Support to report this issue and also that "Report a problem" is not working for you. The more complaints they get, the more likely they are to acknowledge the problem and address it.
  • does anyone know whether today's quicken update R45.13 fixed the Securities comparison mismatch issue?
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Hello Geoffrey, based on feedback from several Users, the Securities Comparison Mismatch error is not resolved with 45.13.  Quicken site shows that R45.13 was released 11/23/22.
    Users can check current and past version progression at least a couple of ways:
    1. Quicken for Windows Release Notes (Quicken for Windows Release Notes)
    2. Search Reinstalling and patching your Quicken Subscription version after your membership has expired.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Hi All,

Good news!!! - there is a new Alert that was released today on this problem - see this LINK.

Quicken hopes to have it solved (and release a new version) by the end of this week.  Make sure that you bookmark the above linked release, so that you'll be notified when the release hits.

Frankx

• Jim_Harman
    Frankx said:
    Hi All,

Good news!!! - there is a new Alert that was released today on this problem - see this LINK.

Quicken hopes to have it solved (and release a new version) by the end of this week.  Make sure that you bookmark the above linked release, so that you'll be notified when the release hits.

Frankx
    That is certainly good news, but it only mentions stock options and is not clear if they have also acknowledged and/or resolved the other issues with incorrect Security Comparison Mismatch warnings. 
  • Cyndy Young
    Cyndy Young Member ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problem only it's with Raymond James & Fidelity and it's only with the IRA accounts. In the RJ account the mismatches are all preferred stocks and the last date they matched was 11/6. In the Fidelity account it's a variety of different investments & the last match date was 11/07
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    My problem security (AMT) held at Fidelity is at the bottom of the ONLINE CENTER list of holdings even though everything else is Alphabetical so it should be near the top.  The Share # in the Online Center is correct, but the COMPARE TO PORTFOLIO comes back with zero.  This does happen to be a REIT (in Quicken the type is "Other")

I hold this same security at another broker and there's no Quicken problem there (AMT appears in the proper place alphabetically at that broker in the ONLINE CENTER.)
  • diverbw
    diverbw Member
    The issue I have where I get the Securities Comparison Mismatch error is also with my Fidelity accounts. It seems that Fidelity will report the shares with one description at one point in time, then a few days later the same number of shares is reported but with a slightly different description.

For example, today I got this mismatch:

Security: "FIRST TR EXCHNG TRADED FD VIII CBOE VEST US BUF" - shared reported 0, shares in Quicken N, difference -N.

and....

Security: "FIRST TR EXCHNG TRADED FD VIII VEST US EQT DEP" - shares reported 0, shares in Quicken -N, difference N.

I see this over and over for different Fidelity securities. I know there is some underlying ID number for these accounts, and I would have assumed that even if the description of the security changes slightly, that underlying ID would be the same. But it does not act that way. It almost seems as if Fidelity is reporting different ID's, which leads to this confusion.

How can I manually correct these mismatches?
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    diverbw said:

How can I manually correct these mismatches?
    I don't think you want to do that - just wait for Quicken to fix the bug.   If it was a matching issue, then you'd get two errors for every security.  One were Fidelity said 0 and Quicken said N and then another that was the exact opposite.   Go to the Online Center and look at Holdings and I suspect you'll see that Fidelity is reporting the correct number of shares, but something is off with the software.
  • UshiLeigh
    UshiLeigh Member ✭✭
    Hi, Quicken just released version R45.21 and this DID NOT correct the issue for Investment Tracking Preference: COMPLETE Investing. Zero shares are still being reported. If I accept the downloaded transactions, my value becomes ZERO for TIAA Retirement accounts. When using the SIMPLE investment preferences, balances report correctly.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited December 2022
    UshiLeigh said:
    Hi, Quicken just released version R45.21 and this DID NOT correct the issue
    Interesting. It seems fixed in my personal data file. I have sold some shares in the interim, so maybe that triggered a recalculation.
    EDIT: I was wrong. The bug still exists.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Version R45.21 dropped this AM and DID NOT correct the issue of "Security Comparison Mismatch" for me on TIAA account.  The Security Comparison continues to show "Shares Reported" as ZERO while the "Shares in Quicken" are correct and confirm with the shares on the TIAA website. Seem like a basic functionality that has been broke for since the R45 series of releases have been distributed.  :#
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    CaveCreek said:
    Version R45.21 dropped this AM and DID NOT correct the issue of "Security Comparison Mismatch" for me
    Sorry to hear it. Have you tried the various investment account workarounds?
    • Press Ctrl-Z to recalculate the investment register
    • Under File > Validate & Repair, try Rebuild Investing Lots
    As always, back up first in case anything goes awry.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    UshiLeigh said:
    Hi, Quicken just released version R45.21 and this DID NOT correct the issue
    Interesting. It seems fixed in my personal data file. I have sold some shares in the interim, so maybe that triggered a recalculation.
    I retract my statement above. The shares mismatch bug does still exist in R45.21. I was mistakenly looking at a different release.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jimshu1

To be able to stop Quicken from automatically updating the application on startup, you'll need to change your "User Account Control Settings" in Windows.  Here are the steps:

1) Click on the "Windows" icon (in the lower left hand corner);
    2) Click on the "Gear" icon > In the "search box" - Type "Change user account control settings" > then click on that;
    3) You will see this pop-up window > Select the "Notify me only when apps try to make changes..." as shown on this Snip:

4) Click "OK" and you are done.

Keep in mind that this will stop the automatic installation, but it effectively does that by warning you with a pop-up when there is an update available.  You will still need to say "No" to that pop-up warning, if you want to stay on your current version at that time. If you actually want the update - just check OK.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

• jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, I had done that per your previous post. I don’t like it, as it prompts on numerous other programs, but it does work. Thanks again!
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    Just for the heck of it, I bought one additional share of the problem security, but it did not fix the problem.   The Online Center shows the correct/new number of shares downloaded from Fidelity, but it still appears out of Alphabetical order at the bottom of the list of holdings and Quicken still does not see it when it compares and reports missing shares.
  • Joe12
    Joe12 Member ✭✭✭
    I called quicken support today. They were rude and said it was not their problem and they have not heard of the issue.
This discussion has been closed.