Anyone else getting OL-220-A error when trying to connect to Huntington Bank?

Options
Just before I went on a vacation, DEC 2, 2022 the connection was working. After coming home from vacation I am now getting the OL-220-A error when trying to connect. So sometime between 02 DEC and 11 DEC something broke. I was not using my Quicken (Windows Subscription client) during that time, so something changed on either the Quicken end or Huntington end. Before I started contacting Quicken and Huntington (and getting the usual each pointing the finger at the other), I thought I'd ask if others are seeing this.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @tagoofy

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

I have located a support article that discusses some troubleshooting steps to take when presented with an OL-220 error. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case). 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• AaronL
    AaronL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Yes, me too, but I believe I fixed it. Same error. Bank setup with Direct Connect, doing reset doesn't resolve it. I tried deactivating and re-adding the online account. It deactivated, but when I try to add the online account back, it gives an error: During the last online session, Quicken encountered an online error [OL-292-B]. But AFTER getting that error, there was a new option in the Online tab of the account, which was to change the connection method. I changed it from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect. It found my account and successfully downloaded transactions.

I don't recall having the Direct Connect option anyway (I think Huntington calls this PC Banking and wants to charge you $2.95/mo for it). I'm not sure why the connection type would've changed in Quicken.
  • tagoofy
    tagoofy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Not to bury the lead... fixed the issue by forcing connection to "Express Web connect" and then back to "Direct Connect". See the bottom for how to do that. Ultimately I think it was a problem with Quicken software got some settings corrupted and doing this overwrote the settings (and then back).

Was on the phone yesterday for a long time with Huntington. They were very helpful and patient, escalating to level 2 and then a supervisor. In the end they were not able to help me, but also opened a ticket with their IT that they said I could call back on in a couple days if still not resolved. A+ to Huntington. Quicken support on the other was not helpful at all. The reference given above (and all other info) basically just points to the Bank as the problem when you are using Direct Connect, even thou the problem could still be on the Quicken side. D-

The Fix for me:
    1) Force the connection to be "Express Web Connect". I did this by saying I wanted to "Add Account" from the Account List. (Don't remember if I had Deactivated Hunting online at this time or not, you might have to try it with Online Deactivated). During the "Add Account" process I could select (might be Advanced options) "Express Web Connect". Put in Huntington info and then when it found accounts, instead of new accounts, selected for each account to connect to existing account. When this was done, I could download transactions from Huntington again w/o error
    2) Switch back to "Direct Connect" (because I use the Bank bill pay). Going to the Account list again I count see an "Improve Connection" link in the "Transaction Download" column for Huntington Accounts. I clicked there and followed the instructions. When done (had to select to connect to existing accounts again) I was back to Direct Connect on all my Huntington accounts and was able to download and upload transactions w/o error again.

Hope this helps the next person.

Todd
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @tagoofy

Thank you for coming back to update us and for sharing this information with other users. 

I am happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.