Bill Reminders are creating as transfers

Options
After Bank America dropped BillPay Direct Connect I am having problems with Bill Reminders. On credit card reminders from a Bank they now create as transfers, not Bills. How do I change them back to bills? Transfers are now not with Bills, but separate and handled a little differently.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lasleyma said:
    After Bank America dropped BillPay Direct Connect I am having problems with Bill Reminders. On credit card reminders from a Bam=nk they now create as transfers, nor Bills. How do I change them back to bills? Transfers are now not with Bilsl , but separate and handled a little differently.
    Hello @Lasleyma,  

I am sorry about this issue with Bill Reminders being entered as transfers. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, in order so that we may be of greater service to you, can you tell us a little more about what seems to be happening? I want to make sure that we have all of the necessary details. For example: are you noticing this exclusively with Bank of America accounts, or as a biller? Are these Reminders being entered manually? Lastly, what steps are you taking when creating a Reminder?

I look forward to your answers, and I hope to provide further assistance, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Lasleyma
    Lasleyma Member
    Options
    It's all credit card accounts, but most of them are paid from Bank of America using the old Bank of America BillPay. I have one that is not Bank of America, it's Discover and it still enters as a transfer.
    They are entered by choosing the last payment and selecting add as reminder. If I do this in the Bank of America account it adds as a transfer. If I do it in the credit card account it enters a a transfer the wrong way- a transfer from the credit card to the bank. Also for some reason the amount initially enters as a negative, but Quicken ignores it.
    I did have some left as bills in my reminders, When I deleted them they reentered as transfers.

I did try to use Qicken BillPay after Bank America stopped. I could never get it to work well and stopped using it.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Lasleyma,

Thank you for providing more information. 

Due to the nature of this issue and the recent migration of Bank of America, we recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real time and escalate the situation if needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.