Upgraded to R45.13, now Global Search Transactions, FIND, FIND/REPLACE do not work

leishirsute
leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
Version R44 and R45 seems to have broken search and replace capabilities in Quicken.

+ In R45.13, global transaction search at top right of Quicken window no longer finds all transactions.  In fact, it only found 2 transactions in year out of 152 that qualified for 15 years of transactions. 
+ If I use the FIND in the investment register, it locates all the transactions, but does not allow for multiple transaction selection for editing.  Is there some new setting with this update to get Global Search to search all transactions or get any of the search methods to work correctly? How do I update the memo field with the same entry for several investment transactions in the search results?
+ In R45.13, FIND/REPLACE does not locate all the transactions either.
+ Edit a range of search results does not work for FIND or Global search, can't select multiples or any individual investment transactions in the search results for investment transactions.  Why is there inconsistent search and replace behavior between non-investment and investment accounts registers? FIND/REPLACE appears to work for investment transactions.
+ When I start Quicken, only FIND/REPLACE is displayed in the Edit menu, but after entering a register  the FIND is also available.  Why not just leave the Find option int he Edit menu?
+ If an investment transaction is unselected in a FIND/REPLACE result, it cannot be reselected.  Why such inconsistent search and replace logic between cash and investment transactions?

Please advise

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

Comments

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like Quicken FIND, Global Search and FIND/Replace have been totally destroyed in capabilities.
    SHIFT - select for a range no longer works in FIND, Find/Replace and Global Search don't find all the transactions.
    Need to revert back to a working version of Quicken.

• Sam Cook
    Sam Cook Member
    Does anyone know if Quicken plans to fix this? This is a critical capability.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still broken as of 12/11/22.
    R45 has so many new bugs that it is best to roll back to R44.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Still broken as of 12/11/22.
    R45 has so many new bugs that it is best to roll back to R44.
    Yes.  I'm back on R44.20   I reported the bugs I found in R45.13.  Surprised there's not a new version yet.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    R45.21 came out on 4/16 as a hot fix release for R45.13.  It is not yet available for download via the Mondo Patch and it is not yet included in the R45.XX Release Announcement (Windows R45.XX Release (US)). 

As of now, it can only be downloaded and installed from within Quicken (Help > Check for Updates).

Also, the Release Notes are currently only available from within Quicken (Help > Release Notes).  Following is what it shows.  Very sparse on identifying what was fixed and it does not say anything about this issue.  But Release Notes usually do not list everything that was fixed, changed, etc., so it is possible that it does also address this issue.  Someone will need to update to it first to find out if it does or does not.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2022
    HF3 does NOT fix the bug introduced in R45 where Tools>Find/Replace no longer searches investment transaction registers.

Adding- while the Find search button in an investment register does work, the Edit Transaction(s) button in the search dialogue window is never active and cannot be used to edit multiple transactions, i.e; change a category for a group of selected transactions.
  • Boatnmaniac
    HF3 does NOT fix the bug introduced in R45 where Tools>Find/Replace no longer searches investment transaction registers.
    I kind of figured.  The Release Notes are really sparse....surprised that not more was identified as being included in it.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Staying off of R45+ until search and replace is fixed.

• MarthaF
    MarthaF Member ✭✭
    This is a very big flaw, one that can have serious accounting repercussions. I can only hope that Quicken addresses this issue soon and before they prepare to bill me for another year. I spent more than an hour searching for a transaction that disappeared, or so it seemed.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited December 2022
    MarthaF said:
    This is a very big flaw, one that can have serious accounting repercussions. I can only hope that Quicken addresses this issue soon and before they prepare to bill me for another year. I spent more than an hour searching for a transaction that disappeared, or so it seemed.
    (EDITED on 12/31/2022: Corrected the download link in the last paragraph below.)

If you are referring to the Edit > Find and Edit > Find/Replace functions, you might want to consider reverting to Quicken R44.20. This version seems to be fairly stable and these functions are working with this version.

There are a number of other issues with R45. XX being reported that we are waiting for Quicken to get fixed. Some people are reporting they do not have any issues with R45. XX but because of the reports I recommend that people avoid updating to R45. XX at this time.

You can download and install R44.20 from www.quicken.com/support/quicken-windows-release-notes https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has. Scroll down the page and click on September 2022 where you will find the link to the R44.20 Patch file.  After downloading and saving the file, close Quicken and then double click on on that downloaded file to install it. It will revert your Quicken installation to R44.20.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited December 2022
    @Boatnmaniac, why 44.20 and not 44.28?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Boatnmaniac
    @Boatnmaniac, why 44.20 and not 44.28?
    I'd posted in the Lounge that I'd updated from R44.20 to R44.28 on 12/19 because of the good reviews by some regarding R44.28.  But after I did that I noticed OSU taking as long as 15-20 minutes to complete (normally takes 1.5-2.5 minutes to complete) and there was a fair amount of black screen flashing/flickering during OSU.

After 2 days of that I reverted back to R44.20.  OSU run times then dropped back to 2-3 minutes (still a little longer than normal but a whole lot better than 15-20 minutes, especially since I usually run OSU on 4-5 data files every day) and the black screen flashing/flickering went away entirely.

I realize that some are not experiencing any issues with R44.28 but that was not my experience so I can't recommend R44.28 based on that.  R44.20 has been relatively problem-free for me and I haven't seen many people posting about significant issues encountered when running it so that is why I recommend it instead of R44.28.   But if R44.28 works well for someone they should be comfortable continuing to use it.

• Chillbill
    Chillbill Member ✭✭
    It looks like the prior versions of quicken are no longer available for download at this link: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-windows-release-notes. Is there another link where I can find prior downloads? I want to revert to version 44.20 until all the issues are resolved. Thanks.
  • Rocket J Squirrel

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

• Boatnmaniac
    edited December 2022
    Chillbill said:
    It looks like the prior versions of quicken are no longer available for download at this link: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-windows-release-notes. Is there another link where I can find prior downloads? I want to revert to version 44.20 until all the issues are resolved. Thanks.
    Sorry, I had accidentally posted the link for the Release Notes.  I meant to post the link for the older Patch files which is https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has.  Scroll down and click on September 2022 where you will find the link for the R44.20 Patch file.  I have edited my post above to make the correction there, as well.

The link posted by @Rocket J Squirrel is another way to get that older version Patch file but it is on a different website (owned and managed by a long time Quicken user and very active Community contributor).  The one I posted is on the Quicken.com website.  Both are good options.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've submitted a problem report for this issue and there has been lots of discussion about this issue, but I can't determine if Quicken support has even acknowledged it as a problem.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried R46.9 version and verified that

Global Search Transactions, FIND, FIND/REPLACE work again?

I wonder if R46.9 is released for all users?

Curious

• Rocket J Squirrel
    I see the same Find behavior as in R45. A search initiated from an investment register finds everything, but a search initiated from a banking register fails to find in investment accounts.
    But they did fix the securities mismatch bug.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Rocket J Squirrel But what does the global search locate?  My issue with R45 was that global search was not locating anything in the investment registers.

It sure seems like s bug to me.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if R46.9 is released for all users?

No, it is in staged release/paused mode.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Oh, that global search. Still doesn't seem to find items in investment registers and neither does Find & Replace. Use the Find command instead from inside an investment register for now.

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    but the flind / replace screen now fits on window (R46.9)... agree that investment searches do not work
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, that global search. Still doesn't seem to find items in investment registers and neither does Find & Replace. Use the Find command instead from inside an investment register for now.
    It appears that the Find from an Investment register provides a results window in which the transactions cannot be selected for editing, but it does find the transactions.

• aplanedrvr1
    aplanedrvr1 Member ✭✭
    They need to shelve 45 and not come out with any new updates until the crap is fixed.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Did R46.12 fix these issues?  I'm holding off on any version past R44.20 since the rest seem to lack working FIND/REPLACE capability.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Did R46.12 fix these issues?  I'm holding off on any version past R44.20 since the rest seem to lack working FIND/REPLACE capability.
    It did not.
This discussion has been closed.