classification of accounts

pamela77
pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
I am looking for a way to list my synchrony savings account under investing rather than banking.  It contains CD's and high yield savings that I want to include in investments and asset allocation.  Is there a way to put it under investments? Quicken automatically puts it under banking.  

Thank you

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    pamela77 said:
    I am looking for a way to list my synchrony savings account under investing rather than banking.  It contains CD's and high yield savings that I want to include in investments and asset allocation.  Is there a way to put it under investments? Quicken automatically puts it under banking.  

Thank you
    Hello @pamela77,   

I am sorry that this Account is not appearing as desired. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Unfortunately, Quicken for Mac does not currently support the ability to edit Account Types. However, I noticed an Idea proposal that may related to what you are interested in. I was hoping you could look at the proposal in the thread linked here and add your vote if this looks like the product feature you had in mind. There should be a gray box in view in the lower left-hand corner of the original post with a triangle and a number inside of it; you should be able to click this to add your vote. Hopefully the screenshot below makes it clearer.

If you had something else in mind, then I want to draw your attention to the process of submitting Idea posts. You can create an Idea post using the instructions provided in this link, here. Essentially, users are able to suggest a feature that they would like to see implemented in the software, and it is then voted on by the members of the Quicken Community. If the proposal is popular enough, it is then handed off to the development team for consideration. 

I hope that this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you Jared, I voted it up but there are only 2 votes so I won't get my hopes up.  What I need to see is my total allocation not just the investing accounts.  Do you know of any other way to do this?  Thank you, Pamela
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @pamela77 The only report which will contain your investment as well as banking account values is a New Worth report. That will not give you the asset allocation breakdown, but it will let you see how much of your investments are in savings versus different types of investments.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.