Connecting Invesco to Quicken Mac

pds1jms
pds1jms Member
edited January 2023 in Investing (Mac)
Was able to connect my Invesco account to Quicken (using Mac subscription version), and while the account shows up in my sidebar, the value of the account does not show up in the sidebar or on the data screen. Tried to delete it and re-add it numerous times but still no financial data. Saw a post where special characters need to be removed form the password, but mine does not have any special characters. Anybody else having this issue?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    pds1jms said:
    Was able to connect my Invesco account to Quicken (using Mac subscription version), and while the account shows up in my sidebar, the value of the account does not show up in the sidebar or on the data screen. Tried to delete it and re-add it numerous times but still no financial data. Saw a post where special characters need to be removed form the password, but mine does not have any special characters. Anybody else having this issue?
    Hello @pds1jsms,   

First, what Connection Type are you making use of in order to connect your accounts to online banking services? You can check this by clicking one of the affected accounts in the Account List on the left-hand side of the Quicken panel and then navigating to the Settings menu denoted by the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. The Downloads tab in the window that appears should contain this information.

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location
    6. Click Next
    7. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    8. Click Next 

You may then add your Ally Bank-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by clicking on the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand side of the screen, choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Quicken Jared 

• pds1jms
    pds1jms Member
    Thanks form your response Jared. The connection type is quicken connect. Some of the other investment accounts are direct connect. Can you explain the difference between them, and am I able to change the connection type, or is that not the right thing to do?
  • Hello @pds1jms,

Thank you for your response. 

You can read more about Quicken's connection methods through this link

Were you able to attempt the test file using the instructions provided by @Quicken Jared above?

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• pds1jms
    pds1jms Member
    Hi Jared, also having an issue with another account using the Quicken Connect method. When I go to add the account and put in the login and password, I am able to connect and the data is loaded into quicken, but when I do an "update all accounts" the value goes to zero. I can update it through the account settings option or delete it and reinstall it and the value will show up again, but will still go to zero upon performing the "update all accounts" function. I have other accounts working with the Quicken connect option.
  • pds1jms
    pds1jms Member
    Hi Jasmine, tried the suggestion to create a new test data file, and it is still acting the same with the account showing connected with "Quicken Connect" as the connection type.
  • pds1jms
    pds1jms Member
    Hi, Any further suggestions on how to resolve the 2 issues noted above?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    pds1jms said:
    Hi Jared, also having an issue with another account using the Quicken Connect method. When I go to add the account and put in the login and password, I am able to connect and the data is loaded into quicken, but when I do an "update all accounts" the value goes to zero. I can update it through the account settings option or delete it and reinstall it and the value will show up again, but will still go to zero upon performing the "update all accounts" function. I have other accounts working with the Quicken connect option.
    Hello @pds1jms,   

Thank you for inquiring about additional difficulties with online banking services here on the Quicken Community. We are sorry that these problems seem to be affecting another of your accounts.

Is this account also associated with Ally Bank, and do these issues with incorrect balances continue in a test file? Note that you can test this using the steps provided previously. If you notice that these problems do seem to be reproducible in a test file,  it will be necessary to reach out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater details with the resources and tools uniquely available to them.

I look forward to your response, and I hope that this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • pds1jms
    pds1jms Member
    Hi Jared, tried the 2nd account in a test file and same thing happened when I used the "update all accounts" function. I will reach out to Quicken Support using the provided link. Thanks for your help and Happy New Year!
This discussion has been closed.