Version 6.11.1 (Build 611.47285.100) of Quicken Mac very slow to update my accounts

Tom11
Tom11 Member ✭✭✭✭
I understand that Quicken is having problems with slowness. I don't get beach balls, but just get long waits as the thermometer going across the top left gets to all the updates. Never took this long before. Earlier today, I walked away from my computer, and when I came back it was done. I am on OS 10.15.7 (Catalina). 13" Mid 2012 MacBook Pro. Started happening a couple of updates ago.
Tagged:

Comments

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. This just started with my update to 6.11.0 (now on 6.11.1). I'm on Ventura. The status bar for updating transactions now takes over five minutes. It never took this long before. Something is definitely not right.
  • Hello @Tom11 and @John_M,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue. 

We do currently have an active alert regarding users experiencing slowness or freezing when attempting to update their accounts. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Jasmine – thanks for your quick response! I've bookmarked the page you linked to.
  • I am unable to update to quicken 6.11, has the update been pulled?
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jasmine – the past few days my updates have completed in less than a minute, which is great. From my perspective, this issue seems to have resolved itself. Others may have still be having problems, but I'm not.
  • Tom11
    Tom11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Still having problems and worse tonight 1/2/23. It won't finish update. Worse yet, tech support was asking which account, and I said I don't know, as this update took out the UPDATE THIS ACCOUNT feature. Tech support didn't even know that. But in doing update all, it will try and not complete. I think there may be a lot of folks having this problem. But ever since this update, it has been slow either way. But hoping tomorrow morning I can update. If I cant do 1 at time, and have to do all , and ALL doesn't work. Then nothing works.
  • Tom11
    Tom11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    This morning update worked. Was able to go through UPDATE ALL ACCOUNTs as there is no longer UPDATE SINGLE ACCOUNT, and it worked. Although slower than 2 months ago. But working.
  • qlzsuri
    qlzsuri Member ✭✭
    Is this issue still a problem with 6.11.3? Is 6.11.3 generally working or are there other problems? I'm on 6.10.3 and I am afraid to update to 6.11 before I get my 2022 taxes completed (even though all my 2022 transactions are downloaded). I don't want my Quicken on Mac to start having issues. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.