Quicken is very slow to use

jshoaf
jshoaf Member ✭✭
Quicken has always been a little slow but seems to be extremely slow lately. An example is it takes a full 5-6 seconds to switch from one account to another in the Accounts bar. An investment transaction can take around 3 seconds. In an effort to improve speed, I started a new file from scratch about 1.5 years ago so I don't have a lot of data in the new file. Even click the "Help" menu has a delay. I'm using R45.21 for Windows 10, i7-7500U, 16 GB memory, SSD hard drive. No other apps I use are this slow to respond. Quicken by far is the worst. Is this just life as a Quicken user or, are there things that can be done to fix this by either me on my local system or the development team?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jshoaf,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you try clearing cache from Quicken to see if it may help. To do so, please close Quicken, remove the “Cache” folder from “C:\programData\Quicken”, then reopen Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• I can confirm the same. I do have a large file, but played around with a clean file to see if it was the file. It does appear to be quicken just being slow. This is on a clean install of windows and a clean install of latest version of Quicken. Seems like every click or simple update takes multiple seconds and triggers a data refresh in all windows or something.

I've monitored CPU usage as well and never gets about 50%.
  • ErikO
    ErikO Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
  • jshoaf
    jshoaf Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja Thanks for the suggestion. I tried deleting the cache but did not see any noticeable improvement. I'll add it takes about 13 seconds for Quicken to boot up as well. While slow, this is not my major complaint. The slowness between accounts is a big problem because it takes a long time to switch between accounts. This slows me down when doing some analysis or data gathering. It seems small but adds up to a lot for people with several accounts.
This discussion has been closed.