Just can't remember

Options
mpsmad
mpsmad Member ✭✭
I can't remember after all these years - How do I just rename a data file. I never remember to do it at the beginning of each year. Now there is a new year and I can't remember how to just change the data file name to 1-1-2023. Please help.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @mpsmad

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this question. 

You can rename your Quicken data files by navigating to File > Open Quicken File > Right Click on the specific file > Rename. You can also rename your file by navigating to the location of your Quicken Files > clicking the file once > navigating to the bottom of the popup where it says File Name and renaming the file. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @mpsmad

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this question. 

You can rename your Quicken data files by navigating to File > Open Quicken File > Right Click on the specific file > Rename. You can also rename your file by navigating to the location of your Quicken Files > clicking the file once > navigating to the bottom of the popup where it says File Name and renaming the file. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• mpsmad
    mpsmad Member ✭✭
    Options
    :) Thank you so much!!!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @mpsmad

You are very welcome!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.