Chase Authorization Fails due to time out or a connection error

Options
bow1899
bow1899 Member ✭✭
Since the online update services to major banks were restored on Jan 3, 2023, I am experiencing online update problems for my Chase accounts (other banks work fine). Initially the update process completed without error message but the list of Chase accounts disappeared from the completion status window. As this problem persisted in 2 days, I removed the online update from the Chase accounts and attempted to go through the activation/authorization process for Chase again for these accounts. The reactivation/reauthorization process is successful for my business card account. But it did not succeed for my personal accounts. The activation/authorization dialog with Chase via browser actually completed successfully but the activation/authorization window in Quicken waits forever and ends with an error message saying that "Sign into Chase bank fails, Try again". The remainder of the error message says "Sorry, the sign in failed due to time out or a connection error. Select Sign in to authenticate via your web browser." if I select the Sign in button, the process repeats itself and the same failure happens again. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so any solutions? Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @bow1899,

Thank you for taking the time to report your issue here in the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Based on the issue you described, it would be better suited for you to please reach out to Quicken Support by directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bow1899
    bow1899 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Anja! I called Quicken Support and the problem is solved. The issue was between the activation process and Microsoft Edge web browser. The activation process apparently did not work with Edge but works with Chrome.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    @bow1899 Thanks for the update! Glad to hear support was able to help you resolve this. :)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.