Citi Co-branded card

Options
Westley
Westley Member ✭✭✭
For the start of the new year I created a new Quicken data file to try and clear out some of the problems I've been having with my old file.

I've got most of my online accounts re-added but I cannot add any Citi co-branded accounts (Home Depot and Best Buy).

I was able to add a Citi card directly, along with a Costco card and a Shell card.

Anyone have any clues other than Quicken has been having problems with Citi for months, at least according to another thread?

Thanks,
Westley

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, I know that the Costco card can be set up with direct connect, which I've done, and not had any problems with it. On the other hand some of the other branded city cards can only be set up with Express web connect and have been having problems for months if not years. 
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which setup links have you tried for these 2 cards? 

I see there are unique links in Add Account for both.:
    • Best Buy Credit Card
    • Home Depot 
    Typically, when a Citi retail card has its own unique set up link it means that it cannot also be set up via the Citibank or Citi Cards setup links.

Let us know if you tried the Best Buy Credit Card and Home Depot setup links and what the results were/are.   If it did not work, did you get an error code or message?  If so, what was it?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Westley
    Westley Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Boatnmaniac,

I was using the Best Buy and Home Depot setup links, but wouldn't you know it, when I tried again this afternoon I was able to get Best Buy and one of my Home Depot accounts setup.

The other two Home Depot accounts started giving me the CC-5XX error and then switched to a CC-929 error (I think that was the number). I'm not too worried about these accounts since they currently have a zero balance.

I've got a few other cards, also with zero balances, but I'm not going to add them until they are actually used. One of the goals of creating a new data file is to just clean things up a bit.

Not sure if it made a difference or not, but I logged into my Best Buy and Home Depot accounts while trying to add them.

Now, if I could just get these last two banks to allow automatic downloads, I would be a happy camper.

Thanks,
    Westley
This discussion has been closed.