downloading transactions from Discover Bank

I have been working on this for hours! When I update my transactions from Discover Bank, it changes my previously reconciled transactions. I have restored to a previous back up several times and each time I update the transactions, my previous balances change. Will this eventually be fixed or am I going to have to restore and start over again?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which version of Quicken are you running?  (Help > About Quicken)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you running the R46.9 release?  It supposedly fixes this issue.  You can get it here: latest patch
    If you are, you have to go thru it once and hopefully it won't happen again.  Check the opening balance to make sure it wasn't changed and also make sure that the download didn't add any duplicate transactions.
    Yes, it is a lot of work, but who knows if/when they will get it permanently fixed.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Neeseeray
    Neeseeray Member
    I have R45.21. It says it is the latest release, but I will try the patch you suggested and see if that will work. It originally did add duplicate transactions which I found, but my balance is still off all the way back to October 1, so I am not sure how far back I will have to go to correct it.
  • Boatnmaniac
    R45.21 is the latest general release.  General releases are what Quicken will search for when looking for a new version to update to.  

R46.9 is currently a staged (limited) release.  Software companied will often release new versions in stages to a limited number of people as a final "check" before it is made a general release to everyone.  While R46.9 is currently staged, anyone can download it from the Mondo Patch webpage once it is posted there (which it is).  Usually, it is only a few days between when a staged release is made a general release and then Quicken will be able to identify it on its own.

• Neeseeray
    Neeseeray Member
    I downloaded the R46.9 release and it crashed my computer...blue screen of death, so now my computer is in the repair shop!
  • Neeseeray
    Neeseeray Member
    I got my computer back from the repair shop, installed the latest software release, and I am still having the same issue. Every time I try to update my account from Discover Bank, my previously reconciled balances change so either there are missing or duplicate transactions. I am beyond frustrated!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Is the Opening Balance transaction showing the correct amount?  If you did not previously enter the Opening Balance transaction date and dollar amount into the Memo field you might then need to restore a backup file from before this issue started occurring to get that information.
    If the Opening Balance transaction is correct, I suggest you look through the account register to see if there is a 2nd "Opening Balance" transaction.  If there is one, delete it.
    Did you find duplicate transactions?  If so, delete them. 
    Are you still seeing an account balance issue?  If so, do you have any split category transactions where the splits have been corrupted?  In particular, look at paychecks and loans/mortgages.

This discussion has been closed.