Improved connection methods - missing transactions

quickra
quickra Member
Since updating my connection method to chase and bank of america, I am missing the transactions when quicken updates. For example I updated on Jan 3rd. It downloaded last month of transactions (Dec 3rd 2022 to Jan 3rd 2023) but earlier transactions from Nov 19th 2022 to Dec 3rd 2022 were missing. What can I do fix this behavior?

Thanks,

Comments

• quickra
    quickra Member
    Noticed another bank DCU also missing transactions and in that case even worse, DCU no longer provides QFX downloads, so I can't even fix it by downloading missing transactions, I need to enter those manually.

Is the expectation now that customers should be downloading at a consistent frequency, like every month and if they miss downloading every month, there will be missing transactions?

Thanks for your help.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @quickra,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

For clarification; are you simply missing a few transactions here and there, or chunks of time (for example an entire month) of transactions for each financial institution?

Please note that if it's a consistent chunk of time missing, by default, most financial institutions only release the last 30 to 90 days of transaction history to be downloaded. The timeframe of how far back data is downloaded is determined by the financial institution.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• quickra
    quickra Member
    I usually get last transactions (have not noted how far back), but then consistently miss some transactions between last download and the current download. I have then download directly from the website the missing date range. Are you suggesting that I should be update at least once a month?

Thanks.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for following up with additional information.

Due to the timeframe limitation on how much data is released when downloading transactions, it is recommended to update within that timeframe limit consistently. If you are unsure of how long exactly that limit is, the standard timeframe to update is advised to be every 30 days (once a month).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.